Conical - Automated Glycol Fermentation Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdtkrypto

Reaction score
All, ive been reading through everything and have yet to find a solution for what I want to do. Here is what I need:

Individual control of 2 conical fermenters running glycol & heat pads, with programable schedules, preferably with remote access and preferably able to interface with my tilt hydrometers. Everything ive seen so far is looking for a chamber temp and I dont use that anymore.

Any solutions? I used to run a brewpi but that doesnt support my needs anymore. Thanks.

Did you look at Brewpi remix or Fermatrack, I believe both of those support multi chamber. The issue is the glycol, I know with brewpi remix LBussy had someone testing the glycol but they went awol. I need to get a smaller temperature probe and I was going to try and do some testing for him. I haven't installed Fermatrack, it may be able to do what your asking.

Brewpi remix has taken over the original brewpi thread, and Fermatrack has its own thread.

Or you could buy a new Brewpi, Elco got a glycol unit so I know that works with glycol. Not sure if you would need a brewpi per tank though.

Did you look at Brewpi remix or Fermatrack, I believe both of those support multi chamber. The issue is the glycol, I know with brewpi remix LBussy had someone testing the glycol but they went awol. I need to get a smaller temperature probe and I was going to try and do some testing for him. I haven't installed Fermatrack, it may be able to do what your asking.

Brewpi remix has taken over the original brewpi thread, and Fermatrack has its own thread.

Or you could buy a new Brewpi, Elco got a glycol unit so I know that works with glycol. Not sure if you would need a brewpi per tank though.
Yea I kind of saw that. I can build my own brewpi, etc but they still relay on a chamber temp and I only have glycol. I just want a learning system that will control heat/cold on a PID on a schedule lol. There is a store bought version available called Fermastat but the reviews are terrible, it's expensive, it can only do one fermenter and it has no web interface

The newer BrewBlox software and a single Brewpi Spark will do everything on your list though the Tilt service someone wrote isn’t really ready for prime time and I’m finding the google sheet more useful. BrewBlox has a pretty slick web interface.

I’m fully controlling two conicals with heating pads and glycol pumps. I also have a temp sensor in my glycol reservoir, a temp sensor for monitoring my Kviek fermenter (I use a sous vide cooker for water bath temp control), and one that monitors ambient temperature. I still have a spare output if I ever decided to control a heater for the Kviek rig. Or my eBIAB kettle.

If you are interested in a Spark, I have one listed in the classified section. Used to need one per fermenter before BrewBlox.

The newer BrewBlox software and a single Brewpi Spark will do everything on your list though the Tilt service someone wrote isn’t really ready for prime time and I’m finding the google sheet more useful. BrewBlox has a pretty slick web interface.

I’m fully controlling two conicals with heating pads and glycol pumps. I also have a temp sensor in my glycol reservoir, a temp sensor for monitoring my Kviek fermenter (I use a sous vide cooker for water bath temp control), and one that monitors ambient temperature. I still have a spare output if I ever decided to control a heater for the Kviek rig. Or my eBIAB kettle.

If you are interested in a Spark, I have one listed in the classified section. Used to need one per fermenter before BrewBlox.
Excellent! PM sent!

Back