Comprehensive Source for Soda Ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a0628h0427

Reaction score
Has anyone found a comprehensive source for soda making ingredients -particularly the herbs, spices, barks, etc. - for making homemade sodas? It seems like most homebrew stores I've checked carry extracts but only a few or no actual ingredients.

Let me share my google-fu with you:

Check health food stores, a quick google search for "herbs" in your area turns up Major Health Foods 1001 S 10th St. You might want to check there or anywhere that sells herbal tea ingredients.

There are a few online retailers that I know of, I have a couple links on my blog under "References and Links", one of which is Starwest Botanicals, they have a very comprehensive selection. They'll turn up in a google search for "bulk herbs".

If you look for things such as "sassafrass root" under the google shopping, you may find a number of stores such as amazon sell the same brand, google the brand and you'll find that the company sells direct.

I hope that helps.

Back