Compost Mead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I racked 2 meads onto Fruit in one day a few weeks ago. I ended up with LOTS of extra, so I put it all into a gallon glass Jug. I added some more honey, some water and some of the left over fruit...strawberries and Blue Berries. Then a few days later, I had a banana that was too ripe to eat, so I sprayed it with StarSan and dumped it in there.

I racked this liquid Compost heap a few days ago...and it tastes like musty Dusty Rotten Fruit.

Go figure.

Bottled this tonight.
Still has somewhat of a musty taste...which I've traced back to the strawberries. The Strawberry mead had the same twang, but it subsided much faster. The smell is of mixed fruit and some oakieness...Which I don't understand. Anyway, this is going in the back of the cellar, I don't' really have a big craving to taste this one any time soon....I'll let time do what it does, and I think it'll be pretty fine.

Latest posts

Back