Cobalt Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjohnson77

Reaction score
Has anyone bought or used these type of small regulators? 1/4" NPT Economy Regulator Package I found some similar cobalt brand at lowes and was going to try them but wanted opinions first. I plan to maybe get a 6 way manifold and use these on there instead of this Beer Regulator - Secondary CO2 Regulator - Economy Series
the ones in lowes were about $15-20 each I would use some short hose and barbs. What do you think I need at least 3 I have a 6 (a triple and a single now) tap plan but 3 are going to be soda 3 for beer and I want one or two for carbing up and prepping for futre beers conditioning and standing by. we can't let the well run dry no can we. they do WAY more pressure then I need to making it 10 vs 11 will be tough but once set no worries I think

Those little regulators will do the job nicely. Flow rate is not much of a concern for carbing or dispensing. You will be using them near the lower end of the range so adjustment may be a bit touchy but you'll get it.

I have the regulators in the 2nd link you posted. Pieces of junk. I'd buy the little AC regs before the ones I have again.

You can make your own manifold with 1/4" pipe fittings and multiple pressure drops to feed 9 or 10 kegs. With that weight it should be mounted to some board or uni strut, etc.

Honestly a brand-new beer reg is only 5-10$ more than the first link. I thought about going economy but I decided it was worth the 10$ to get the tried and true equipment.

Back