CO2 tanks worth it????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bratrules

Reaction score
Well my brother it has a friend who has some co2 tanks that he wants to get rid of cheap. He looks to have a 20lb and 10lb tank and he'll give them to me for 20 bucks for both but he can't give me any more info as in hydro test or working order. Here is a pic I want hear some opinions.

Check the dates on them. I think they have to be re-certified every x years. Check with your local gas place to see if they swap or fill. They might give you guidance on the tanks too. If working and current, that is a bargain.

I 'd offer him a case of homebrew for them and save a few bucks.

Pic did not show up, but buy them. My hydro test was 25 I think, or just exchange it somewhere for about the same price. If they look beat up, sand it

I was try to add the pics with my phone. It didn't seem to work but I post one later from the computer. Well it turns out its 2 20lbs and 1 10lb. I made a deal with the guy for 30 bucks for all. He also said that they were used in a resturant 2 weeks ago so they are still good.

Yes, buy them assuming you can refill (and maybe even if you cant as it seems like a great price!) Don't be assimilated by the cylinder exchange movement. I guess it's convienient for the store doing the exchange, and arguably the exchanger, but the consumer looses out in the long run.

Definitely buy them at that price. That's a rock bottom, dirt cheap, prices slashed so low I could poop kind of discount.

Sent from my iPhone using the sweet Home Brew app, cuz I'm a ****** and I need everyone to know that I have an iPhone as if everyone else in the world doesn't have one.

Well here is the pic i was talking about. I couldn't figure out how to upload this thing from my phone using the app. Anyway here it is

They told me that they are in great working order since they were used at a restaurant about two weeks ago but the place closed down. So now i guess i have 2 20lb tanks that i have no room for. But i am going to keep the 10lb one for my kegerator.

Unless that's a really odd sized tank or skewed picture, I am going with that being a 35lb tank.

Wow 35lbs really. But do you think the smaller one is a 10lb one?? I need something that I could fit in my kegerator.

Wow 35lbs really. But do you think the smaller one is a 10lb one?? I need something that I could fit in my kegerator.

What we think is kinda irrelevant, being as we don't know how big your kegerator is. Maybe you can't even fit a 10 pound tank.

It's clearly Tape Measure Time...

Cheers!

I think I'd make a cool looking CO2 tank cage and have that outside the kegerator! Man what a supply...

Hydro for CO2 is every five years. There is a stamped code at the top. Mine ended in the numbers "11" so I need to get it checked by "16". Just some reference for you.

Hydro for CO2 is every five years. There is a stamped code at the top. Mine ended in the numbers "11" so I need to get it checked by "16". Just some reference for you.

Thanks for the info. I haven't got them yet but my brother in law has them. As soon I get here I will post a pic.

Thanks for the info. I haven't got them yet but my brother in law has them. As soon I get here I will post a pic.
No problem, don't let it bother you if they are out of date anyway. Just take it to the filling station and get it taken care of. 5 years is a LONG time.

Back