CO2 Tank recertification

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbey

Reaction score
What is the going rate for a CO2 tank recertification? I was shocked when I went to scuba shop in my area and they quoted $50. For another $20 I can get a brand new one.

Alan

The local fire extinguisher place does it on site while you wait for $24. The welding shops here send it out, and while it only costs $12-$14, it takes at least a week. I'd call around for a better deal.

+1
I bought an expired tank off craigslist and went into west air and they swapped it out with no problem. And they gave me a brand new tank in exchange (only date stamp was from 3/31/10).

The only place locally that I can get CO2 is a paintball supply shop. They are using the smaller (22 ounce?) canisters for paintball, not the bigger 5 or 10# canisters. The price is not so bad, but I need to get my tank recertified. I don't mind if I can find a place to do it for $12 - $20, but $50 was a shocker!!!

Alan

Latest posts

Back