CO2 Tank question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButchTN

Reaction score
Just purchased a filled CO2 tank. The tank was prefilled and was outside in a covered yard with other types of gas tanks. I wanted a clean one so the guy and I walked outside for me to decide and I picked a bright shiny new one. I was wondering why he didn't bring it back inside with us, so I asked. He said if we brought it back inside it would shock it and make it start expelling the gas which could become dangerous. (He also made some reference to it standing 3 feet off the floor and I wouldn't want to be around if that happened)
It really wasn't that hot outside (maybe 90) nor was it that cool inside (maybe 72ish). I thought he was being a bit over cautious, but who was I to question him. On several videos I seen on kegging, force carbing, and kegerators I've seen CO2 tanks in the cooler with the cornys.
What am I missing here? Can I bring this tank out of my garage into my home? Can I safely put it in my fridge with my keg?

All CO2 places do not allow tanks inside. Just like Lowes and HD won't allow propane tanks in the store. It will be fine in your garage or home. I have two in my house and two in the garage.

Latest posts

Back