Co2 SW CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smmcdermott

Reaction score
Hey,

I know there are some threads about this, but I called a fill station suggested on this site and they quoted a 5 lb tank for $30!!!!!

Does anyone know of a cheap place to fill Co2 in southwest CT (Fairfield county)? At least cheaper than $30!!!!

Thanks

You could call ABCO Welding and Gas (one in Stamford not sure how far it is from you). I don't know if they are cheaper but worth a try. When I used to play paintball, it was like $5 a fill and that was a 20oz tank at Dick's. Not sure if they will fill your tank there, but also worth a try.

You could call ABCO Welding and Gas (one in Stamford not sure how far it is from you). I don't know if they are cheaper but worth a try. When I used to play paintball, it was like $5 a fill and that was a 20oz tank at Dick's. Not sure if they will fill your tank there, but also worth a try.

Did they actualy fill your tank or swap it out? Thanks.

wow, just called them and they are $13 plus a couple bucks for hazmat charge. They send it to another location which stinks so it takes 4-5 days he said, but that is a lot cheaper.

Not sure about Dick's. I live on the eastern side of CT. Haha, Abco's headquarters is a 20 sec drive from my work in Waterford. That is probably where they fill the tank.

YAR! Thanks for the info though, I don't need my tank for a week at least, so i will probably use ABCO, but if anyone else knows of another place, let me know! Thanks.

I just swapped my 20 lb tank at ABCO's for about $24.

Here are a few others near our area:
Drinx Unlimited, 52 Day St. Norwalk, 10lb $20, 20lb $25
Hocon Gas, 33 Rockland Road, Norwalk
Fire Prevention Service, 13 Winfield Street, Norwalk

And let me know if you don't plan on using all your kegs. I could use one more. My keezer goes operational this weekend. :ban:

haha, that is awesome. I just bought a brand new tank so I don't want to switch it out..I only have two, thanks to you though I, I have two instead of none... WOO

Congrats on the keezer!

Out of curiosity, where did you pick up a tank? I am looking for one but want to spend as little as possible. Haha, haven't really started shopping yet, but will at some point.

I actually bought everything for keggin on www.kegconnection.com with the exception of the kegs themselves. They have great pricing and better customer service. I would highly recommend them.

I was in the same boat as you with the lowest price possible and found them to be it.

Awesome! Thanks, I will look into it. If you need more kegs, there is a guy in Danbury that is selling off thousands of cornys. He had an add on CL. IIRC they were $22 a keg. Pretty decent deal on kegs that hold pressure (he is switching his soda company from cornys to box and bag). Most are ball lock. Just an fyi. :)

Awesome! Thanks, I will look into it. If you need more kegs, there is a guy in Danbury that is selling off thousands of cornys. He had an add on CL. IIRC they were $22 a keg. Pretty decent deal on kegs that hold pressure (he is switching his soda company from cornys to box and bag). Most are ball lock. Just an fyi. :)
Link please?

Back