CO2 Regulator Washer Issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils4ever

Reaction score
I just lost a full CO2 tank after swapping out my 15 lb steel tank with an Aluminum 5 lb tank.

The regulator says to use no washer, since there is a built-in O-ring. Can I use the white CO2 washers for this or do I need to replace it with the proper O-ring? If so, should I remove the O-ring first?

Thanks.

Is this a Taprite regulator? I had the O-ring blow out on one of mine early and just removed the O-ring and went with the conventional washer and it worked out just fine for me. If the O-ring is screwed up I could see that causing problems with the washer if you don't remove it.

Yes, it's a Taprite. I was thinking of just removing the O-ring and using the regular washer, but the O-ring diameter seemed a lot smaller than the regular washer.

For now, I reversed it and I used Star San and soapy water and didn't see any leaks. I'll placing an order for the O-rings.

Back