Co2 question bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_4iT

Reaction score
For some reason I'm just kind of baffled even after trying both ways as to the best way to approach this.

I reuse coors mini kegs to bottle and tap my beer, I prime to carb (although also tried force carbing with multiple cartridges, with sub par results) for a week at room temp 70 deg F.

I then tried different methods; 1.with using a cartridge at room temp no cold crash, and then fridge it after 2.fridge it first and use a cartridge after it's cold 3. force carb 4. and finally just tap without adding a cartridge until the pour becomes slowed.

My understanding is that it would be better tofridge it for awhile first, then pop a cartridge of co2 into it while it's cold and fridge it for a little longer so the carbonation get's into the beer. But it seems to me that it has been more carbonated when I do this while the keg's are warm... could be other variables to though like previous priming sugar amounts being low, not sure.

Try adding the appropriate amount of priming sugar based on the keg volume (I'm not familiar with the coors keg). Allowing it to carb at room temp @70F for about 3 weeks and then refrigerate it for a week and then tap it while its cold. It can take 3 weeks to carb up using priming sugar, sometimes longer. Then, you want to chill it to let the CO2 dissolve into the beer better at the colder temperature and then serve. All this assumes there isn't a leak in the keg.

Back