Cleaning ss brewtech kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendog15

Reaction score
I realize this may be the wrong area to post this, but I can’t post in Equipment/Sanitization for some reason.
Just got a new electric ss brewtech kettle. It says specifically not to clean with oxyclean. My old keggle I would just fill with oxyclean and water, dump all my equipment in there, immersion chiller, hoses, etc and let sit for hours, overnight even. Then rinse and put away.
Does anyone own a ss brewtech kettle and if so, what do you clean it with?

I realize this may be the wrong area to post this, but I can’t post in Equipment/Sanitization for some reason.
Just got a new electric ss brewtech kettle. It says specifically not to clean with oxyclean. My old keggle I would just fill with oxyclean and water, dump all my equipment in there, immersion chiller, hoses, etc and let sit for hours, overnight even. Then rinse and put away.

A citric acid steep with hot water will do it.

I use PBW for cleaning and Star san for sanitizing in my SsBrewtech kettles and fermenters. They recommend those for their products. I think the reason is the peroxide based cleaners are too harsh and can eat away at the etched gallon markings inside.

I used TSP on my SSBretech fermenters before I used them. I think instructions said to do this. After that I just use dawn dish soap and a soft cloth. Don't use scrubbies, they remove the etched markings....

I used pbw for the first time cleaning my ss brewtech kettle. With a “scrub daddy” sponge. Recirculated the pbw and water for 10 min and let soak for 30 min. Then rinsed out. Unfortunately one of the etched gallon markers got wiped off (just part of it). So in the future I guess I’ll avoid scrubbing the area of the kettle with the gallon markings. Bummer but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here...

Back