Cleaning Clear QD's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Formito

Reaction score
So my transparent quick disconnects have caught a bit of trub in them that just will not go away no matter what I have tried (running through boiling h20, pipe cleaner, soaking, etc). You can't take them apart and I am afraid that one day it could lead to trouble. Does anyone have any tips for cleaning these?

I don't have the original source, but I was told they were medical grade, usable up to 275F

Same concern on my new rig. I would love to hear an solution to this that doesn't involve buying another male connector for back-flushing, but I fear that will be about the only way.

I found that while recirculating hot water to soften up the poo, you could rapidly (and carefully, duh) disconnect and reconnect the fittings to dislodge the crud. Not so far as to allow them to leak, the o-rings will stay sealed, but far enough that the valves in either fitting work against each other moving the springs. But if shizz gets too stubborn, I think back flushing will be about the only answer.

Back