Cleaning Banjo Burners Replacing Gaskets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrewer2

Reaction score
I have used some 10" banjo burners for many years. The flame quality has been getting poor lately. I have taken them apart and their is a fair amount of rust in the burner. I believe cleanimg will cure the problem. The gasket between the burner and the air intake has dissentagrated. Has anyone run into this problem and has advice on replacement. Thanks

IMHO using the high temp silicone seal for automotive applications should work, the underside does not get that hot, just make sure to get all the rust off the connecting surfaces first.

I realize this is an old thread, but I was wondering if the automotive high temp silicone seal did the trick? I have the same gasket issue and had purchased some sealant rated to 700 F, but I want to be sure this will work.

fwiw, a cursory search led to an Amazon review for a KAB4 that arrived with the burner sections separated and a damaged gasket, and was successfully repaired using high-temp RTV silicone...

Cheers!

Back