ClampTite tool ...ideal for homebrewers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuggs

Reaction score
I purchased a tool that I came across at a Fly-In last spring.

It's called a ClampTite tool. They were offering them at a discount at the fly-in.

I find that worm clamps work great for connecting the hose on the shank nipples inside a kegerator. But for other connections...the tag end of the worm clamp is almost a dangerous weapon.

Oetiker clamps are better...but you still have an ear..possibly two...protruding. And who ever has enough of the right size? Still Oetiker clamps are the best thing going for the professional user. They go on and come off quickly and do a really good job.

The ClampTite uses Stainless Steel or Monel Safety Wire. You can get a 1# spool at places like Sky Geek for as little as $8 for a 1# spool. (200 + feet)

MS20995C41 Stainless Steel Safety Wire (.041 Safety Wire)* The largest selection of Aircraft parts and Pilot Supplies.- SkyGeek.com

That will make hundreds of hose clamps.

Here's a link to their website:

ClampTite - The Official Website | ClampTite | tools | business opportunity

I recently added a Nitrogen Regulator to my collection. I had 4 different sizes of Oetiker clamps...not one the right size. So I remembered my ClampTite tool and used it for the first time. Wow...This thing is great. I'm now using it for all my draft beer connections.

[img=http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3350/dsc0147e.th.jpg]

[img=http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6263/dsc0149xtu.th.jpg]

Just thought I'd pass it on...in case you're looking for something like this to add to the homebrew arsenal. It's also useful around the home, RV, boat, etc... Being Stainless Steel...the clamp will probably last longer than the hose that you're connecting.

I especially like the fact that you can bend the tag ends down...and the clamp virtually blends into the hose. Nothing protruding to hang up on anything.

Cheers:rockin:

Clever. I've used a locking wire tool to do the same trick, but that leaves the twisted wire sticking out.

Back