Cider Testing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rage

Reaction score
So SWMBO and I are going to be experimenting over the next few months with some ciders, and are open to suggestions for things to try out. For purposes of consistency, we'll probably be using the same cider/apple juice for every batch, though we haven't settled on which in particular yet.

That said, do you folks have any suggestions for things for us to experiment with? We're looking at doing 10-15 single-gallon batches, with the emphasis being on different yeasts and secondary ingredients (brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, etc).

Pomegranate Apple Cider! I had a few pints of it at 21st Amendment in San Francisco and currently have a batch going. I used 16 ounces of pomegranate juice and 112 ounces of apple juice, and it certainly has an interesting flavor. I used Nottingham yeast.

I've done a couple recently using Brett-B yeast as the only yeast (WLP650). Wonderful and fruity.

Pomegranate Apple Cider! I had a few pints of it at 21st Amendment in San Francisco and currently have a batch going. I used 16 ounces of pomegranate juice and 112 ounces of apple juice, and it certainly has an interesting flavor. I used Nottingham yeast.

Hi INWarner. Any update on how it turned out? I'm thinking about trying a pomegranate cider, also. Thanks!

It was bottled last weekend and I'll crack one open in two more weeks. I tasted a little bit at bottling and it was phenomenal if you're a fan of pom juice.

Drop a dozen Atomic fireballs in (slowly or u will have a gusher) for your secondary fermentation. I made 3 gallons this fall and it is my favorite. I named it "Gone Nuculear" In honor of GW Bush

Latest posts

Back