Cheers! - Brent, resident Vanilla Expert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentR

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Brent. I am a home-brewer, foodie and enthusiast of anything from the grill.

I am also an expert in the vanilla industry and parter in a vanilla distributor. I have experience with vanilla from all around the world, including Madagascar, Mexico, Uganda, Tanzania, Tahiti, Papua New Guinea, Tonga and India. Each type of vanilla has a different flavor. Some are better for some styles of beer than others. I can recommend a specific type of vanilla to help you find that perfect flavor.

I am located in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. In our town we have Founders Brewery, Brewery Vivant (Belgian Style), New Holland Brewery, and several others.

Anyways, I hope this helps. I look forward to participating in this forum.

Best,

Brent

Hey Brent, welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you have a lot to offer the forums! Have you brewed with a lot of vanilla? Any interesting brews?

Welcome Brent. My girlfriend has asked me to try to clone a Vanilla Cream Ale made by Carlyle Brewery in Illinois. I'll probably get started on it within a month. When I get a draft recipe together, I hope I can get your comments on vanilla choice. Cheers.

Hi Maxam, thanks a lot! I've done a bourbon vanilla porter and a vanilla cream ale. Both partials. Both turned out really well.....

BrewerinBR, Thank you Sir. Michigan is a great state for beer isn't it?! Have you been down to Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids yet? Started by one of the New Holland Brewery Founders who got bought out and decided to go out on his own.... all belgian style... really interesting stuff.

SenorPepe, sounds great! Let me know what I can do to help... but right away I am thinking your best bet would be Madagascar vanilla beans. The rich, sweet creamy vanilla flavor is exactly what i think about when i envision a Cream Ale. If looking for something a bit more bold, them the Indian beans would be nice.

Thanks again,

Brent

Welcome Brent!
Cool to see someone from Beanilla here!

I just kegged a Russian Imperial Stout that had a Tahitian Vanilla secondary addition.
I also purchased Madagascar and Bourbon.
I'm going to do three otherwise identical batches and vary the vanilla variety.
The Tahitian is a divine beer! I can barely keep my hands off of it.

Thanks for the great vanilla.

Tim

Back