Check out this podcast!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodledancer77

Reaction score
I know many of the folks on here are BN army fans or even members. As an analytical person who likes to read, I have spent much of my first year of brewing immersed in books, podcasts, web forums looking for ideas and vicariously living through these sources of information. I cannot brew everyday, but I can read and breathe and dream about brewing.

While listening to archived Sunday Session shows on the Brewing Network, I stumbled across this show that has good information on the most important parts of brewing to perfect and the steps to becoming a good brewer. Colin Kaminski of Downtown Joe's in Napa, CA recommends getting your boil right, then sanitation, and then yeast. After getting those things straight with extract, you can graduate to all grain. He makes a good case. Listen for yourself. WARNING: It's a long show and this discussion doesn't start until well into the show. i think it's the third segment.

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/shows/723

Enjoy!

Colin's great. He does a few shows on water as well. He is currently working on a book ( with John Palmer I think ) for Brewers Publications called....wait for it...."Water". It goes in their line of books like Jamil and Chris White's book "Yeast".

Wish I lived closer to Napa.

Back