Cellarmaker Meetup Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
akKnxTR.jpg

I think I prefer the strawberry one.

how was the party?

anywho this is really damn good.
2665aaaf656b57de816791963a4dd5a0_raw.jpg
went into it really expecting something solid, but it’s fantastic! they really put theirneffort into this guy

I think their sour glasses look hilarious. No idea where they came up with the idea for that shape

how long could it have possibly taken you to finish that?
Was a 1/6 barrel, and 4-5 months. A few gallons were split up for different treatments (adding vanilla, various cereals, coffees, etc), which helped. Was a great time, I'd do it again. Nice to be able to just pour 4-5oz at a time.

FTowne

Walked by yesterday to see how progress was going and very happy to see it open. Pizza was awesome. Took about 25 minutes to come out, which I thought was reasonable, but the server apologized on behalf of the chef. It's a bit pricey, all pints seem to be $1 more than at the main taproom, and the glass of wine my girlfriend got was like $16. Overall happy to have in the neighborhood.

Was the place packed? I take it the wait you're referring to is the preparation/cooking time? For instance, deep dish spots take about 30-40 minutes for their pies so I assume this place is similar?
not packed at all!

was referring to it opening a couple months later than expected. no harm, no foul - everything takes forever in SF with permits, contractors, and other stuff. pizza actually came out fairly quickly and was delicious.

It's a bit pricey, all pints seem to be $1 more than at the main taproom, and the glass of wine my girlfriend got was like $16
ouch how much was a pint? that sucks you would think they would keep the price of atleast their own beers down

ouch how much was a pint? that sucks you would think they would keep the price of atleast their own beers down

Pint of IPA was $8. I may be wrong but I thought at the main taproom it was something like $6 for Pale Ales and $7 for IPAs.

Pint of IPA was $8. I may be wrong but I thought at the main taproom it was something like $6 for Pale Ales and $7 for IPAs.
still pretty pricey, but i guess that’s sf for you

either way excited about the new spot nonetheless

We checked out the pizza spot today. I was in a group of 5 & we ordered 1 of everything on the menu. Every dish was good to great imo, but the crispy edge on the pies was the highlight for me. The pizzas are not cheap, but I felt the side dishes were a great value. All in all, not too pricey by SF standards.
My only gripe is the seating situation. They had a very nice person at the door checking ID’s, but no seating/reservation list. It’s a 1st come/1st served situation & I just don’t see that as a sustainable system moving forward.
Also; can confirm the house & guest beers are $8 and up. Not really a surprise to me, considering the restaurant markup.
I’m expecting them to iron out the kinks, & be an awesome addition to the SF beer community in very short time.

Went by the house of pizza (CHOP?) tonight and really enjoyed the pizza and brussels sprouts. Yes the prices were high but I also went home with leftovers. They do need some extra stools.
The guest bottle list and availability of vintage bottles that I missed out on (Moon Sisters & '17 BA Vastness of Space) was the highlight for me. Will enjoy trying something new each visit.

Latest posts

Back