Cdn DTQ450x way off and won't calibrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckmanco

Reaction score
As the title says, I can't get this thing to calibrate. I did the ice bath (as per the thermapen and the CDN website/instructions) and I was getting anywhere from 35-36ish temps. I tried to hit the calibrate button and all I ever got was an "Err" message on the screen, several times, even after pulling the battery.

I then checked my old accurite digital from walmart and sure enough, after all the abuse I put it through over 40 batches or so, showed 32 or within .7 degrees F of 32.....:rolleyes:

So, any ideas on how to get this thing calibrated or just return it?

Apparently, CDN had a bad batch of these. Something to do with their non-volatile memory, or so I heard. I wrote to the company and they said there was nothing to do but return it.

Apparently, CDN had a bad batch of these. Something to do with their non-volatile memory, or so I heard. I wrote to the company and they said there was nothing to do but return it.

Dynamite.... Excellent.... Last penny they get from me. Thanks for the info, and it's always nice when free shipping to me turns into 5 bucks to ship it back... Bitter rant off.

Back