CBD Infused Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figgy15

Reaction score
Hello my fellow homebrewers. I was wondering if anyone had or knows of a CBD infused Beer....like a Lager or Pale Ale. Looking for something that has that dank aroma to it.

I appreciate everyones help with this.

Cheers!

Gila I saw that about coalition making one. Cool to see it's gone commercial.

OG...Do u think you needed the honey? What type of hops did you use to get that dank aroma and flavor?

Dank hops = Columbus
CBD honey = Yeah, it's not cheap
CBD tincture = Also not cheap but perhaps a better bargain than honey
CBD anything = more expensive than its THC counterpart

You might try and find terpenes instead if you just want the cannabis aromatics. I found terpene infused beers to be grassy, and the one I brewed with plant material was the same, so there's that. It's not so much "dank" as it is "grassy."

Pretty sure Cbd tincture is a cheaper option for homebrewing, and can be added before bottling like any other flavouring agent.

Another option if you are looking for cannabis aroma and effect (and don't want "just" the cbd) is to make your own tincture with vodka. Depending on the strength of the marijuana it can be rather strong to no real effect (if you use what's commonly called "shake" in a 10% diluted vodka tincture the effects will be minimal in comparison to the aroma.)

Any idea what type of CBD is the best to use? Seems like a CBD oil would have a negative impact on the beer. Any thoughts on how much to add? I was in Portland for the Homebrewers convention and several breweries offered a CBD beer.

Any idea what type of CBD is the best to use? Seems like a CBD oil would have a negative impact on the beer. Any thoughts on how much to add? I was in Portland for the Homebrewers convention and several breweries offered a CBD beer.

You should use a CBD tincture or CBD honey, in my opinion. Tinctures are either alcohol or oil based, so you should opt for the alcohol based.

DO NOT USE OIL, use a cbd isolate powder, they are 99% pure and dissolves easily in solution

I second the isolate. I got 1 gram of powder for $15. Half gram in 10 gallons is around 5mg/12 oz (if my math is right). Recommended dose for CBD is 5-10mg.

I second the isolate. I got 1 gram of powder for $15. Half gram in 10 gallons is around 5mg/12 oz (if my math is right). Recommended dose for CBD is 5-10mg.

When did you add the powder?
I just ordered a gram for $24.55 I figured it was worth a try it's fairly inexpensive

I added the powder to the keg right before force carbing. I don't bottle condition.
Thanks

I keg my beer also

I was mostly asking because when I got the receipt for my order it mentioned that the product was not water soluble and then if follows it up by saying mix it with a beverage.
thumbnail.png

Hello. New to the site. I plan to make a CBD-infused beer using dried cannabis Sativa flowers certified 16% CBD and <.2% THC. The goal is 25mg of CBD per 33ml bottle. I thought to use the flowers in the whirlpool like a hop (since they are genetic cousins). Does anyone have any advice on this? I assume dosing is a straight calculation based on volume. eg. Post boil volume/bottle volume * desired dose in mg. Any advice here is also welcome.
Advice - use a tincture. You can very easily make one yourself, Google it for instructions.

CBD/THC is not water soluble, so the only effect you're going to get is an extremely unpalatable beer (you'll get 0% THC/CBD).

I hope this does not come off as critical or like I am being a jerk. A restaurant in Oregon where my brother just moved to had a CBD infused beer. The waitress didn't tell me what it was and offered me a small glass of it. Being that I have never met a beer I could not drink, and it was free, what the heck. I took it. I immediately noticed a very funky smell, not being much of a pot smoker (twice in my life) I did not realise what it was. So I took a sip. It was by far the worst beer I have ever had. It was disgusting and I did not finish it. While I believe that we all have different tastes and what is good for one isn't necessarily good for all, I have to chime in and say that it was bad. So bad, I told the waitress "for the love of all that is beer, please don't serve that to anybody else". We both laughed and she said the Pot heads in town like it. So who am I to say. LOL. Anyway, good luck and please warn anybody you may serve it to what is in it so they are prepared. Enjoy. RR

Back