Cause of grassy aftertaste in cider?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TkmLinus

Reaction score
I have been brewing cider for a few years now and just did a tried and true recipe(Basically half white grape cherry juice and half apple juice, I can link to recipe if needed). The taste up front is correct, but it hits with a grassy aftertaste which I has never happened before in any cider I have brewed. I fermented with S-04, it was only half a packet so I made a starter and pitched. The only thing I noticed that appeared off during fermentation was that I had yeast stuck to the sides of the fermenter instead of dropping to the bottom. What may have caused this off flavor? Thanks in advance!

what was your juice source?

I've heard that mold can cause this off-flavor - especially in beer

what was your juice source?

I've heard that mold can cause this off-flavor - especially in beer
I always use the finest apple juice from Aldi! All the juice I used was from sealed 2 qt bottles and I saw nothing questionable in any of the bottles that I used. When I kegged it I saw no evidence of mold, or any pellicle in the fermenter.

Latest posts

Back