Carboys from Crystal Springs for $13.99 Delivered

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dash14251

Reaction score
my lhbs sells the better bottle for $25 and that seems like a lot to me. i know, i need to get into glass, but thats a different issue. crystal springs has 5 gallon bottles full of spring water for $7.99 and when you get one they tack on a $6 refundable deposit for the bottle, that makes it $13.99 for an unreturned bottle, right? i guess im wondering if any of you have looked into this. it seems worth it, until i can drop $200 on 4 glass ones!

heres the website

Water Your Way from Water.com – Water Delivery Water Bottles

There's been much discussion of water bottles. Unless you know what plastic it is made of, you are at risk of oxidizing your beer.

Keep looking around. There are some places that still sell water in glass bottles. Only issue is that they are only 5 gallon carboys.

I have 7 water bottles that I bought from walmart for $6.50 each. They are #3 (PVC) and #1 (HEPE). More experienced people say not to use these, but they work fine for me. YMMV.

$50 a carboy???? do you get a "favor" with that???????

Check out Annapolis Home brew. If you want more than one then barter over the shipping cost. Get a package deal.

brew on brother man... ... brew on!

I have 7 water bottles that I bought from walmart for $6.50 each. They are #3 (PVC) and #1 (HEPE). More experienced people say not to use these, but they work fine for me. YMMV.

#1 water bottles are perfectly fine, that is what better bottles are made of (PET plastic). #3 and #7 are the ones that people have issues with, plasticizers/oxidation etc.

Look on the bottom of the bottle. It will have a number in a little triangle.

I have recently started having Sierra Springs 5 gal. bottles (formerly Crystal Springs) delivered to our home. It comes in No. 7 bottles. This is a no-no according to my wife. We're looking at dumping them.

Crystal Springs at my local grocery store comes in 1 gal. No.1 bottles. We may end up just buying lots of 1 gal. bottles to stay away from the No. 7's.

But of course the FDA says No.7 plastic is safe for humans to use. So do you homework and decide for yourself.

Back