Carbonated skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
IMAG1027.jpg

DANGEROUS....VERY DANGEROUS

I've done 5+ batches of pee and it is dangerous indeed!! Last summer a friend of the wife was running around my backyard with no shirt... No joking!! If you think about it it's basically 26-30 proof straight up in a glass or outta the bottle and after the rocket fuel mellow you can't taste the alcohol.. I think she drank a 6 pack and pretty fast too!!

I thought you had to "kill" the yeast and then back sweeten the skeeter pee? If so how did you carb it? Can you post your recipe?

Pretty sure you can carb it by using a non-fermentable sugar to sweeten, and regular old priming sugar to carb,

I thought you had to "kill" the yeast and then back sweeten the skeeter pee? If so how did you carb it? Can you post your recipe?

you do and you don't. Its a wine and if you're going to treat it as a wine and bottle it as a wine, you need to stabilize it. If your going to keg it or cap it, it opens up options.

Huh. I have a friend who runs a small winery (Maydelle County Wines. Good stuff!!) and they specialize in old fashioned fruit wines. My favorite is their grapefruit, but their lemon regularly wins medals at competitions.

I'll have to tell them to fizz it!

You've got me intrigued -- this looks like an awesome summer project. Recipes? Resources? Advice?

http://skeeterpee.com/Skeeter_Pee/Recipe.html/
here is the original recipe I think...step by step how to. easiest is starting with a wine slurry but it can be done with a packet of wine yeast if need be... to bottle carb it I would assume that you ferment dry...sweeten with splenda or stevia or something non fermentable....then prime and bottle......to keg carb it, follow the recipe above exactly with stabilizing and everything....then sweeten and rack to a keg and add co2. I will warn you though for some reason it will get you faster than you think 10-12% would.

haha, I have mine going right now.. it's been fermenting for a week straight, no signs of slowing down. Need to go out and check the gravity, I suspect it must be getting close to dry. What vols did you carb to? I'm thinking a more belgian like carb would probably be best, maybe 4 vols or so.

I've done 5+ batches of pee and it is dangerous indeed!! Last summer a friend of the wife was running around my backyard with no shirt... No joking!! If you think about it it's basically 26-30 proof straight up in a glass or outta the bottle and after the rocket fuel mellow you can't taste the alcohol.. I think she drank a 6 pack and pretty fast too!!

Assuming the friend is female, pictures? :ban:

Assuming the friend is female, pictures? :ban:

yes female!! pictures, ive got plenty of mental ones but didnt think of it at the time..lol.. im sure with as many people that come over and drink the pee or even the welches wine and dont realize how dangerouse they are, it will happen again and i will be prepared:mug:

Any reason that you couldn't sweeten with lactose? Would that give you sweetness? And if so, how much would one use? (I.e. use the same amount as sugar or is more required)

Could you Sweeten with Brown Sugar then Cap it, Carb for about a week then Pastorize it like a Hard Cider to Stop fermentation?

I've added Sparkaloid in mine but didn't have Kmeta or Sorbate to Inhibit the Yeast from Growing back.

So what If I let it Sit for a few weeks to Clear, then Backsweeten with Brown Sugar or even Table sugar, then Put it in Bottles to Carbonate for about a week then stovetop Pastorize like one of the Threads I red on Stove Top Pastorization.

Would this work?

Could you Sweeten with Brown Sugar then Cap it, Carb for about a week then Pastorize it like a Hard Cider to Stop fermentation?

I've added Sparkaloid in mine but didn't have Kmeta or Sorbate to Inhibit the Yeast from Growing back.

So what If I let it Sit for a few weeks to Clear, then Backsweeten with Brown Sugar or even Table sugar, then Put it in Bottles to Carbonate for about a week then stovetop Pastorize like one of the Threads I red on Stove Top Pastorization.

Would this work?
I see no reason why it would not. I would recommend also bottling a few (if not all) of the batch in used plastic 12-16oz soda bottles, then you can (1) easily feel how carbed it is, and (2) have several to squeeze in case not everything is carbing at the same rate, you might prevent an explosion.

You can also buy high-quality, reusable, 12oz brown plastic bottles and lids designed for beer. I have friends that bottle exclusively with them.

I see no reason why it would not. I would recommend also bottling a few (if not all) of the batch in used plastic 12-16oz soda bottles, then you can (1) easily feel how carbed it is, and (2) have several to squeeze in case not everything is carbing at the same rate, you might prevent an explosion.

You can also buy high-quality, reusable, 12oz brown plastic bottles and lids designed for beer. I have friends that bottle exclusively with them.

I'm low income and limited on Funs right now. I'm hoping I have enough Caps to Bottle with LOL.

Also, I don't have the Kmeta or Sorbate right now to Put in my Pee. I added the Sparkaloid, so that's why I asked if it was Possible, if I let it set for a few weeks to Clear up, then Back Sweeten it then Bottle it.

I seen a post somewhere, that someone Carbonated for just a week then Done the Stove Top Pastorization, or opened a Bottle to test Carbonation Level.

I'll give this a Shot, I wasn't sure if I could let it set for a few weeks without the Kmeta/Sorbate in it or not, I have it in Secondary right now with Airlock on and a Black Shirt over it to not be exposed to Sunlight.

I'm low income and limited on Funs right now. I'm hoping I have enough Caps to Bottle with LOL.

Also, I don't have the Kmeta or Sorbate right now to Put in my Pee. I added the Sparkaloid, so that's why I asked if it was Possible, if I let it set for a few weeks to Clear up, then Back Sweeten it then Bottle it.

I seen a post somewhere, that someone Carbonated for just a week then Done the Stove Top Pastorization, or opened a Bottle to test Carbonation Level.

I'll give this a Shot, I wasn't sure if I could let it set for a few weeks without the Kmeta/Sorbate in it or not, I have it in Secondary right now with Airlock on and a Black Shirt over it to not be exposed to Sunlight.
OK. You should be able to find a bunch of plastic bottles for free, then. Just wash them well and give them a sanitize dip. You could even use 2L bottles if you want. They are all the high quality beer-grade plastic (PET usually) just not quite as thick or brown as the expensive ones targeted at homebrewers.
I have used cleaned soda bottles when I have extra beer that won't fit into a keg.

Latest posts

Back