Carbing my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewvall

Reaction score
Have burst carbed many times, but I'm looking for a specific carb level this time around. My question when I leave my co2 on at my desired psi do I connect the co2 to the dip tub like when I burst carb. Or do I connect it to the co2 connection? Also is there a difference and what is it if one?

If you're doing "set and forget" it doesn't much matter. It might carbonate *slightly* faster through the dip tube, but leaving it at a specific PSI will get you to the same number of volumes either way.

BTW if you want to carbonate it faster with the "set & forget" method, you might want to look into a diffusion stone:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18254//Diffusion_Stone_-_5_Micron_Carbonation_Oxygenation_Stone

I believe some people set up a corny keg lid with a gas post and hang their stone from that, then swap lids once it's carb'd. Or, (if you only have one keg and don't mind leaving it there, or if you've got enough money you don't mind buying multiple stones & tubing) you could hang the stone off your existing gas-in post.

Back