capper able to do 26 AND 29mm caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
apologies if this was already covered in a sticky

so, I've been back to brewing for a year&½, reading HBT every day and I've learned something new the past few days: you can use the Red Baron capper (not sure about the Black Beauty) to cap 26 OR 29mm bottles

just pull out the 2 metal pieces with pliers and turn them around. the sides are even labelled 26 & 29

you would also have to change the bell, which is easily unscrewed and replaced with a 29mm bell. $2.99 at MyLHBS

I've been looking for bottles that could handle carbonating at 3½ volumes. 375/750ml Belgian-style crown fitting bottles will work, but the vendor says a bench capper is needed. more research found that the wing capper, set to 29mm, but still using the 26mm bell, would work

IMG_7824-001.jpg

Hope you read this because it's been a long time since you post it, but, I have to tell you, you made my day. I just wanted to know if you were able to cap with the 29mm caps without changing the bell? I'm not having luck finding it where I live.

Hope you read this because it's been a long time since you post it, but, I have to tell you, you made my day. I just wanted to know if you were able to cap with the 29mm caps without changing the bell? I'm not having luck finding it where I live.

I've got a italian wing capper (not bench capper) and the bells to do either size. No problem at all.

The bell must match the cap size. There is no option here. The bell on mine is easily removable, and the 29mm bell was cheap.

I was able to bottle my Grodziskie at 3&1/2 volumes in regular 12-oz bottles with regular 26mm caps

Back