can you critique my wiring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borny

Reaction score
Not the prettiest by far, but what do you think?

This was wired from one of the diagrams P-J posted... The gray wires I'm using for the ground....

ForumRunner_20120210_135729.jpg

What do you need critiqued? If you wired everything correctly? A bigger picture and the diagram you used would help.

If you're just talking in general: looks fine, get some adhesive zip-tie mounts if you're wanting to clean it up.

It's hard to see what everything is connected to, but it might be the angle or the grainy picture. but things don't look right.

My questions are with the ground and neutral. I have both terminated to the 110 outlet. The ground is terminated to the ground screw on the outlet, with the ground wires coming from the dryer outlets all stewed together. The neutral wire is brought into the 110 outlet and then to the PID. Is that ok or OS it better to bring all wires in to a terminal strip and branch off to the necessary components.

The switches for the PID and both sides of the outlet are on separate fuses.

Borny,
A schematic and diagram would help. It looks a little jumbled and that could be an issue later on if you ever need to troubleshoot or replace parts. I generally use more wire between connections so I can route then neatly in bundles seperated by their purpose. That way if one function is out I only have to look at one set of wires and not disturb the rest. But thats just me and I am ADD and compulsive obsesive. Kinda like it aint clean till it's been sanitized 3 times at least..
Bob

Rbeckett, I think you just answered my concerns. I rushed (obviously) through this project and worked on it during a sleepless night and tried to save room in the box by cutting some corners.. I think if it were more organized, there would be no question on the wiring. I do have a copy of the diagram here and understand the flow of electricity in this box. Anyway, since I'm out of commission for a awhile I'll take a break from it and revisit it later.

One thing I did learn is this is a lot harder than it seems!! for me at least.

Back