Can someone explain "volumes of C02" please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILOVEBEER

Reaction score
Hello,

I am still new to AG and chalked up my 70th gallon and have good results with my method of force carbing. I understand that carbonating is dependant on the style of beer made....since I only make ales as of now, this is the method I use.

I set my regulator at 20psi and force carb for 10 minutes and dispense right around 10-12psi with great results. Some people shake the $hit out of the keg. I found that by holding it at a 45* angle, allow the gas diffusion (audible) to finish......bring it back to vertical and drop it back to a 45* with a slight jerking motion at the end seems to stimulate the gas exchange. Like I said it may not be the right way, but it yields great results for me.

Now for the question: When people say "carbonate to 2 volumes" what exactly does this mean?

Thanks for the help
Joe

this site is good for figuring out what pressure to use. it gives a suggested range for the style of beer then tells you what PSI you need to get it there.

Back