Can I eat a scoby and if so little a day or all in 1 swoop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokester

Reaction score
I know I can eat a scoby. I have eaten one just a couple months ago. I ate it all in one swoop.
But I'm wondering if its better to eat a little at a time, or big blob at the same time.

Have yourself a scoby snack.
Ruh-roh!
That's a fact.
Since it's packed with good stuff, I'd split it up over two or three days.

I like the taste and jello like feel of scoby. Yes yes phlegm is similar, but I also like to roll around thick phlegm in my mouth before spitting it out. The watery stuff is worse IMHO. I seem to be growing scoby everywhere BTW. In the secondary, the primary fermenter scoby has got so massive I have no space for the next 2 gal. Thanks god I put the kombucha in the fridge right away, that was a recipe for bottle bomb if ever there was one.

i'd recomend sauteeing it first? to kill the stuff? i eat about half an ounce of active dry yeast everyday, but i bake it for a while at 250-260f because it causes me trouble eating it live...

i'd recomend sauteeing it first? to kill the stuff? i eat about half an ounce of active dry yeast everyday, but i bake it for a while at 250-260f because it causes me trouble eating it live...

No need to saute, in fact I want the probiotic value. I ate an entire 1/2 lb worth at one point and was perfectly fine. I'm actually very blessed with a robust constitution, I can eat and drink anything. Even hang overs dont seem to depend on what I drank, just how much. And I am perfectly good not drinking (alcohol) too with the side effect being Insomnia for a few days. I know of people who cant drink whiskey but get hammered with Vodka or gin and have very little hang overs. Not me, If I drink 10 drinks regardless of what it is, its the same next morning.

you know i could have lived a perfectly normal/happy life without ever hearing that! 🤣

Its more like jello, but really how to spit out nice and clean and precise without drool when you dont collect it to a nice blob.

Back