Calling Bergen County Home Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did the dog and cask react to your april meeting there?

They should really embrace the homebrewer community as it can drive a lot of business their way...the way we run BWO at Maloney's down in Matawan is everyone typically orders a pint when they first get there and a lot of members order dinner. Then there are no issues with us breaking out some homebrews and passing it along. We also take care of the wait staff at the end.

I live up in Bergen County and would love to meet up for the next meeting. If D&C isn't playing ball, let me know where the next meeting will be!

Heya jcaddy! Keep paying attention to this thread and we'll announce the next location.

I like the idea of the BYO place, and that is looking more likely. I know that Johnny has tried to contact them, and I reached out by phone and email both--no response. I think D&C should be more eager, and if they end up saying no then I don't think I'll participate in any more home brewer's nights there. Liquor license or not, they are more than happy to use home brewers to pack their joint and serve free beer to their guests... A little quid pro quo seems in order :)

I just kicked two of three taps on my kegerator... I gonna get working! If you are all lucky, you'll get to taste the world's worst Berliner Weisse at the next meetup.

Hi folks:

a little off-topic, but I have need of a small business attorney. Are any of you out there small business attorneys, or could you recommend any?

Cheers,
-Blake

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on the boards for a few days. I haven't been to the DnC since our last meet up in the beginning of April. Honestly, the past few times I've been there left a bad taste in my mouth with their lack of response and enthusiasm to help us since Blake and I helped them pack the place on the first homebrewers night. I'm with you Blake in regards to not wanting to participate in the homebrewers night if they don't want to help support us. I almost feel like not participating in this next one in May and still may not participate. Anyway...anyone brewed anything good lately? My most recent brew was a 50 IBU German Pilsner (which is out of style but I'm experimenting), I also have a boat beer clone that I want everyone to taste and give me feedback on, as well as a stout I'm trying to get rid of. Next meeting we will need to bring some beer because I can't drink all of this myself!

Hi folks:

a little off-topic, but I have need of a small business attorney. Are any of you out there small business attorneys, or could you recommend any?

Cheers,
-Blake

I'm no help but are you looking to go pro?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey guys, just came across this thread. I live in ridgewood and am definitely interested in participating in any local homebrew meetups.

Hi everyone!

So here's a question for the group: should we go to D&C next Tuesday and risk not trying homebrew? Or should we go somewhere else and deal with D&C the following week during IPMay?

I'd suggest that if we want to guarantee a homebrew tasting, we could think about the Farmhouse Cafe in Cresskill. Not sure how that is for everyone to get to, but it is BYO, reasonably priced, and has great food.

Thoughts? Feelings?
-b

I can stop by either place. If you want to ensure we can pass around some homebrews, let's try out the Farmhouse Cafe!

I have a couple of things happening this afternoon. Ill do my best to make it, but am not sure if it will work out.

Hey guys, it looks like the meeting actually happened on Tuesday, sorry I missed it! I hadn't seen anything since last week so I figured we were pushing it back...anyway, should we start some sort of email chain to get a group together for the next go around?

Yes! For everyone that is interested, please message my your emails so I can put together a chain. I think it will be easier to get in touch with people since not everyone checks the forum often.

Side note: This upcoming Tuesday is Homebrewers Night at Dog and Cask. Come support Blake and myself as we will be pouring our IPAs. We were also discussing having another meeting Tuesday 5/20. Please let me know if you are able to come and lets share some beers!

Side note: This upcoming Tuesday is Homebrewers Night at Dog and Cask. Come support Blake and myself as we will be pouring our IPAs. We were also discussing having another meeting Tuesday 5/20. Please let me know if you are able to come and lets share some beers!

Im planning on stopping by.

PS, I should be able to make the 20th if you have another meeting then.

Hey everyone, just want to let you know we will be meeting tomorrow at Farmhouse Cafe in Creskill at 7PM. Hope to see you all there!

Trying to come up with a club name...what are your thought on :

NJ BREWZ - NJ Bergen Region of Extra Wacky Zymurgists

NJ Mashers

BC Alers (BC= Bergen County)

BC2 (Supposed to be BC squared) - Bergen County Brew Crew or Bergen County Brew Club

Thirsty Zymurgists of Bergen County or NJ

What do you guys think?

Trying to come up with a club name...what are your thought on :

NJ BREWZ - NJ Bergen Region of Extra Wacky Zymurgists

NJ Mashers

BC Alers (BC= Bergen County)

BC2 (Supposed to be BC squared) - Bergen County Brew Crew or Bergen County Brew Club

Thirsty Zymurgists of Bergen County or NJ

What do you guys think?

I am diggin' on "NJ BREWZ", but could be too similar to NJHopz? I also like BC2 because you could get all nerdy wit' it like (BC)^2. Would make kickass hats.

Since I am a bit too far into the Ommegang Game of Thrones red ale, the hat design is totally critical to me.

Hey guys, great meeting everyone last night.

I do like the ring of Brew Crew and could get down with BC^2. BREWZ is not bad either! Maybe we can decide next month...

Hey guys, tomorrow is the first Tuesday of the month! Who's available to meet up and share some brews?? At the last meeting there was a push to try and get our meetings at dog n cask, so I will call josh today and see what he says. I will keep everyone posted

Hey guys, good news! I got the Dog n Cask to allow us to have our homebrew meetings there...so tomorrow lets plan to meet there around 7:30 instead of 7. I think this will allow everyone enough time without rushing. Let me know what you think and guys and if you can make it tomorrow at 7:30 at Dog n Cask! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Hi folks! Apologies for the delay keeping this thread updated. We moved to a Google Group a while back for communications.

Anyways, our next meeting is Tuesday, July 1st, 7:30pm @ The Dog and Cask (meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month.

PM me here if you want to get in on the google group.

Cheers!
-Blake

How's this going? I've been toying with the idea of joining a club and just haven't found the time. I know there's one out in Fairfield at Cricket Hill too.

Hi! Apologies for the delay, I didn't see that there was a new post. The club has been going very well! We're still meeting at Dog & Cask on the first Tuesday of every month. Crowd is solid, with lots of great brewers. Meetings are fun, low-key, usually all about sharing and feedback. At the state fair, we were the 3rd winningest club after MASH and BN Army.

If you're interested, PM me your email and I'll add you to the google group so you'll get all the club announcements.

Cheers!
-b

Back