Calling all math geeks: Force carbonation math!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Otoh, I'm not a fan of weight. Don't like picking weight up, don't like carrying it.
I'm on a mission to shed weight :D

11/1/2019: 223
10/29/2020: 198. And still falling. Turns out one can live on one meal a day plus beer...

Cheers! (Anyone remember "The End"? :D)

and with my knowledge of weight i can tell you, what ever your basal metabolic rate is, you were 239 calories under it for the last year...on the avg.

figuring 3500 calories a pound of body weight, 365 day or so...so 25lb'sx3500/365 that would tell you how many calories you burn normally, and you don't need to worry that much to cut 239 on avg, i lost 30lbs in 3 years just cutting it buy 50 on avg....

i like weight.....

(and there's a lot more to eating then calories. you got to get vitamins, minerals, amino acids, esential lipids! gotta make that meal count! ;))

Phhhht! Way too complicated.
I just ditched the midnite tube of Ritz crackers, peanut butter, strawberry preserve, a butter knife and a paper towel.
Or, alternately, settling down with a quart of Brigham's mocha chip ice cream and a soup spoon.
At least a couple thousand calories with either option - and totally at the wrong time of the daily cycle, of course :D

Anyway...at 6'5" 198 and 70-ish, I'm feeling much more spry than carrying that extra 25 pounds.
Ever pick up 25 pounds? That's like a countertop microwave. Crazy to just drop that without really giving up much, amiright?

Cheers! (And no beers were harmed in the offing! :ban: )

Last edited:
Phhhht! Way too complicated.

LOL, to each their own, my 6'2" 170 something ass think my picnic taps are still just fine after 16 years of use..but you or someone here, did help out with the 3/16" upgrade from 1/4"..i don't get any foamy pours, but with 10' i start getting bored filling a glass!

edit: but in my case i gotta neuter my beer like spaying neutering your dog/cat

i would say in my experience it take 7-8 calories to maintain a pound of body weight...so a 239 defecit is unstanable, unless you plan on starving. just trying to be helpful.

Back