Call me weird if you must..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
I have been brewing for about 3 years now. In those 3 years I have always used buckets. About 4 weeks ago I did a batch of October fest ( not really since I did it as an ale, I dont have lagering capabilities yet). 2 weeks later, I brewed the same receipe, so I decided to just use the yeast that I have. While I was cooling down I transferred my first batch, I then swirled my cake around and once the temp was right, I filled up the fermentor again. And oh my... I changed out my airlock3 times, and cleaned up the mess.
I wish I could see what was going on, I had to order me a Fermonster. Got it on Tuesday, and Friday I brewed up my red ale. I get so tickled watching my beer now. So much activity... maybe I am just to simple, I get enjoyment of watching fermentation going on... all the little floaters.... And wow, it looks so dark compared to the finish product..

Last edited:
I’m guilty of staring at my fermenter too often (I still use old glass carboys). I also think it’s mesmerizing. I like to sniff the airlock too.o_O

My keezer is right next to where I ferment at ( no fermentor at this time) So each time go to fill a pint, i have to look, and see... and of course it is sealed better than a bucket, i get to hear it fart away

One has not yet lived if one has not witnessed the magical dance of a fermenting malt beverage. The rise and fall of krausen, more important than the tides. Well maybe the tides are a bigger deal, but still,,,
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Back