byo 150 clone brew help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd

Reaction score
I want to try and do the labatt blue all grain but one of the grain types is missing. does anyone know the other grain? I guess I could just contact BYO, thought I'd try here first.

Todd

Check their website in the recipies section. i have that issue too and they said all the recipies in it are ones that were in the magazine at one time or another.

edit: well I went and checked but did not find it. What do you think was missing? The base grain type or one of the specialty grains?

2nd Street Brewery said:
Check their website in the recipies section. i have that issue too and they said all the recipies in it are ones that were in the magazine at one time or another.

edit: well I went and checked but did not find it. What do you think was missing? The base grain type or one of the specialty grains?

The main recipe is extract and it uses two kinds and about 10oz of corn. The AG lists I think about 6 pounds of base and 3lbs "blank" tells you to mash it all together. Since normally the speciality grains don't change I assume it is another base malt. It might be more corn. I'll write them on monday.

Thanks

Are you wanting the recipe from the issue or think it has a problem? The recipe in the issue seems about right to me. Malt and corn with a couple hops waved over the top. Let me know if I can get the recipe for you.

Brewpastor said:
Are you wanting the recipe from the issue or think it has a problem? The recipe in the issue seems about right to me. Malt and corn with a couple hops waved over the top. Let me know if I can get the recipe for you.

I have the recipe book at home, if you check the AG process it reads like there should be two types of grain, one I think is 6 pounds then 3 pounds of something else. I don't know if it is a typo or what?

Brewpastor does your AG instructions look correct? could you tell me the grain it lists in the AG so I can be sure I'm not missing anything? I don't need the whole recipe just that one spot looked weird.

Thanks

I'm looking at the recipe now. It reads 'Omit extract and mash 6.75lbs Pilsner malt and 3lbs in 12qts water.' The only 2 choices from reading the extract recipe are 6 row pale malt and maize. Could be either.

The missing piece has to be the flaked maize, but the two recipes seem very different. The all-grain does not have any 6-row and only one grain variety. And the amount of flaked maize is very different. Very strange IMHO.

i would guess it would be the six-row pale malt,you could always go to the BYO site and try to message them and find out.

I just made this recipe last weekend. I went with the extract version...it's bubbling awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

xt-lee said:
I just made this recipe last weekend. I went with the extract version...it's bubbling awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Update: Well, it's still conditioning but I'll get to taste it in about 2 - 3 weeks....I'll keep you folks posted!

Back