Busch light Apple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike_57401

Reaction score
Ok, looking for input about brewing something similar to Busch light Apple for a wedding. Beer will be kegged. I'm familiar with lager brewing, light lager, adjunct lager brewing, etc, so I'm not concerned about that.

My thought is, start with a basic light American lager recipe, ferment, keg, and back sweeten with apple juice, maybe 10% of volume. Add in apple extract as well, for a little extra apple note.

Thoughts?

I had been wondering about a beer here in Canada called 'Mad Jack' which is essentially the same thing and my girlfriend quite enjoys it, so I want to make her some. It lead me to the threads about Graf (...I hadn't even heard of it outside Stephen King, but hey..I lost a lot of axons in 2014 :p )
You could just take a look at those threads, but I have been hoping someone familiar with it would weigh in here on wether Graf actually is what both you and I are looking into.

Personally, I would go with apple flavoring or concentrate that way you can test on a single beer and adjust by adding to the keg.

Unless you have time to experiment, flavoring and concentrate seem to be the best option.

I have no idea what this tastes like but I would add apple juice concentrate (the stuff you buy in the freezer section and mix with water) in the keg. I'd start with like half a can for five gallons, mix it up and see if you need more. With apple juice concentrate you're getting the flavor and sweetness but not adding much water.

I too would just do the extract version, testing/tasting just before kegging.

Back