Bulk orders for cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Pizzel

Reaction score
Where's the cheapest place on the net to buy grains, hops, and yeast in bulk? Looking for 100 lb base grain, etc. thanks all!

Hops: hops direct, farmhouse, or yakima valley hops, depending on what you want.
Malt, due to the price of shipping of 55lb bags, is usually a group buy through your LHBS/brew club.
Yeast, get a pack, and make a starter, and harvest/wash yeast from batches.

I have a relationship with a brewery. Whenever I want some grain I email him to find out when he will have room on the pallet. It is a win-win because we both save on shipping costs.

I can't comment on grain in the USA but I searched everywhere and the cheapest hops I could find hopsdirect.com I didn't order from them as they wanted $55USD to ship my 7lb of hops but their price per lb was better than yakimavalley and a bunch of other places I checked.

Shipping is the factor that's important. A penny a pound is no deal if you pay big bucks for shipping. Look under the Group Buy Heading, there are usually some going on all over the country. Or local Brewing Clubs randomly have them. There are very few Group Buys that include hops tho.

Back