Building a bottler filler - your feedback would be great

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please don't get too excited, we're not at the counter-pressure point (yet), but that's in the works when the proof-of-concept goes according to plan.

I'm kinda sick of all the either very rudimentary (constantly have to watch it, very manual, inaccurate etc.), or super expensive (enolmatic, which isn't even fast to make up for it!) ways of bottle filling.

I've eventually put my idea in to action - an automatic bottle filler for home use. You put a bottle on the machine, it fills it to an exact point, and stops.

Lots of coding and programming to do, but I'd like to know what you guys want out of something like this, because if it works then I'd like to make a CP version which would probably require a kickstarter project.

So far it has the following functions planned:
Auto-slowdown (fast fill at the bottom, slow fill at the top)
Variable pump speed, variable slow-down point.
Auto setup (you fill a bottle, 'show' it to the machine and it copies the fill)
Manual over-ride (so you can clean it properly etc)
Single button operation. It fills, you get the next one ready, or the previous one capped!

Components have been spec'd and ordered already, code in the process of being written and PCB designed.

I'd love to hear what your wants are!

I'd offer it as a kit (home-build, cheap!), components only (bit more work, but even cheaper), or fully built and ready to go out of the box.

Even tinkering with the idea of a smartphone app so you can change the settings remotely....

That sounds pretty awesome, I would be very excited to see the pressure counter version in the future!

How about a flow meter, do you have that feature planned?

Back