building a 3v setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mamies

Reaction score
I am looking to build a 3v setup. I currently have 2 x 50L stainless steel kegs which I plan to use for a HLT and a kettle. I also plan to go electric.

Just wondering on any ideas to help on this build such as designs etc. I have no equipment for this setup so even info for a mash tun to a wort chiller would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Look around and find some of P_J's drawings. He has drawn a bunch of different system configurations. His stuff is excelent and he is a stand up kind of guy who will help you out if you have a question. Are you going to do RIMS or HERMS when you go all electric? My system is propane fired, so I would be zero help on that but setting up a basic controller is pretty easy as long as you approach the problem from a logical point of view. Good luck with your build and dont forget to post up some pics as you go. One of these days I will finish mine and post up the final set of pics. Got busy with some health issues and kind of put my whole life on the back burner for a while. But I am back and feeling much better, so I need to get busy and finish the tower.
Wheelchair Bob

I am not 100% sure what they are.

The plan was to have elements placed in the bottom of the HLT and the kettle.

I was then deciding on how I should make the mash tun. Should I purchase cooler or should I purchase another krg and use that.

When I get a little bit of time I will draw what is in my head and get some thoughts. I will also run through the forums and see what others have done.

Latest posts

Back