BS2 Gravity Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay1

Reaction score
I've been having trouble getting used to this program.

Why is it that on the last recipe I did, it estimated a pre-boil gravity of 1.055 and an OG of 1.057? I hit 1.056 on the pre-boil but my OG ended up being 1.064?

I'm not sure why it estimated those two numbers so close. I do have about a 2 gal per hour boil off rate, I just thought the program would take that into account when estimating a recipe.

Thanks,
Jay

C'mon help a brewer out!

Even exercise your free right to be a smart ass and tell me what a dumb ass I am.

I've been having trouble getting used to this program.

Why is it that on the last recipe I did, it estimated a pre-boil gravity of 1.055 and an OG of 1.057? I hit 1.056 on the pre-boil but my OG ended up being 1.064?

I'm not sure why it estimated those two numbers so close. I do have about a 2 gal per hour boil off rate, I just thought the program would take that into account when estimating a recipe.

Thanks,
Jay

Did you put that 2 gal/hr boil off amount in your equipment profile?

Did you put that 2 gal/hr boil off amount in your equipment profile?

That's the ticket right there. The vast majority of gravity problems are related t o incorrect equipment profiles.

There are some good videos out there, as well as good written tutorials on the BS help forums that walk you though setting up the profile.

It would be nice if there was a "I need to set up my equipment" button in there that would walk you though how to do it.

Back