Brought a growler of Pale into the office

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
Only one person has tried it so far, but I already got the "its kinda like Sam Adams" comment. I'll update when more people have sampled...:rolleyes:

Dude said:
You can drink beer at the office?

Its a weird situation that I should explain. I sublet an office inside a bigger company's office. I don't work with them technically, but I do work along side them. They asked me to bring in the beer, so they can deal with the consequences. I'm sure it'll be fine though. I know their boss well and he's uber cool...

you guys apparently have the best job ever. I work for a restaurant and they bitched when I brought in a closed bottle for a few of my coworkers to bring home and try.

One of my customers, a mid-sized machine shop, has a fully stocked bar and pool table instead of a conference room. It can be a popular spot on Friday afternoons. Homebrew is quite welcome.

A lunch time brew is common at my place but I have also brought in bottles of my homebrews to coworkers and leave it up to them where they drink it, the one is my boss and he is always greatfull.

We used to have "Beer Thursdays" in one of my co-workers office, but that died off when one of the participants had a scheduling confict. I keep meaning to re-implement them...

We are just the opposite. There is a brewpub a few doors down and I go get a growler filled every other weekend or so at lunch. I can't even bring it in to sit in the fridge so it stays cold, I have to bring a cooler and leave it in the truck.

Just about every office kitchen in Germany will have cases of beer stacked in a corner with plenty of bottles in the fridge. Ooooh those were the Friday afternooooooons. :D

EdWort said:
Just about every office kitchen in Germany will have cases of beer stacked in a corner with plenty of bottles in the fridge. Ooooh those were the Friday afternooooooons. :D

Yeah I used to work for a large shipping company based in Hamburg. Our office was located here, but the executives always had beer on hand...

I brought some in for the first time today. Just waiting for our legal counsel to leave before cracking one.

I've never tried it, but I got my boss into homebrewing and I know that he keep a 6'er or so in the small fridge in his office just in case of emergency. :D

We have beer Fridays.

I also have empty bottles sitting on my desk for everyone to see...a reminder of the late nights I've spent here.

When I produced a radio talk show we always had pizza and beer Friday's. Pizza place would bring us free pizza and of course we'd plug them on the air, and we'd alternate week to week who brought the beer. One of the hosts always brought Heineken. Not a fan! There were many occasions where I questioned how we got throught the show.

Now working for a winery, we have weekly tastings in the office.

arturo wrote:
One of my customers, a mid-sized machine shop, has a fully stocked bar and pool table instead of a conference room. It can be a popular spot on Friday afternoons. Homebrew is quite welcome.

I'm a self employed machinist, but finding a place like that would make me consider going back to work for someone else.

On second thought, at an office job it's one thing, but running a machine while buzzed could be a problem :drunk:

During the dot bomb days I had an internship at startup. Every Friday afternoon at 1 sharp the owner of the company would drag around a cooler and set a beer on everyone's desk. We'd all march out back and play hoops and drink beer all afternoon.

I was making damn good money for a poor college kid. Those were the days.

I just trade beer with my buddies at work after hours. I work in a government building, so I don't think it would go over well if I brought booze in through the security checkpoints :p

I have gotten one of my friends at work wanting to try his hand at homebrewing though; the guy goes nuts for everything I brew.

Back