Brewtunes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wulfsburg

Reaction score
What do you bump in your brewspace while concocting an new batch of stew?

Me?

Jungle Electronic Music (Pendulum, Prodigy, John Digweed) or
Death Metal (Born of Osiris, Lamb of God, The Black Dahlia Murder)

I usually go with silence ... I take a Zen and the art of brewing kind of approach. :D

It depends. Sometimes I like modern rock (no death metal), or if I'm more relaxed I like music like Michael Buble or any other pop jazz. I'll even listen to some classical like Bach, Mozart, or any of the other greats.

But usually I listen to my Pandora station of Incubus, Nirvana, Bush, etc etc.

But usually I listen to my Pandora station of Incubus, Nirvana, Bush, etc etc.

I also have those pandora stations and typically enjoy them a lot, but when I'm brewing I usually just listen to the backyard radio on the local classic rock station.

I use the iPod to run a "Genius Mix" of the punk and metal on my iPod. Usually I start with something like Mojo Nixon and get a good mix with the Dead Kennedys, NOFX, Anthrax, Blink 182 (I know, but I like 'em), Motorhead, Pantera, and a couple others mixed in.

Or, I'll run a "Genius Mix" on some thing like David Grisman and get a good mix of bluegrass, Grateful Dead, Doc Watson, Johnny Cash, Ralph Stanley, and some other various folk/bluegrass.

It just depends on my mood.

Big fan of modern hard rock/melodic death metal (In Flames, Killswitch Engaged, At the Gates, Avenged Sevenfold) but recently have been absolutely addicted to my The Essential Iron Maiden album and blared that during my last brew.

All my DIPA's must have the "primal" Help>Slip>Franks from 10/11/77 played during the boil. I'm superstitious. When I don't do it, they don't come out as good. When I do, they earn medals at competitions. It's the strangest thing.

Otherwise, I mostly brew silent unless my drunk neighbor comes over who is a Silversun Pickups fan.

I get my British brews on with Hazards of Love, the Decemberists.

I brew the rest of my beers on with their other albums :D

As for metal/death metal/etc. I do actually enjoy it a lot. It just doesn't help me concentrate. Blues, rock, and folk music for me are generally more conducive to concentrating. YYMV :)

Let's see, today we started with Avenged Sevenfold, then on to Manowar, Pink Floyd, Blind Guardian, the Rocky Horror soundtrack, and finished up with Brian Setzer :)

-Joe

Tom Waits here too,

also Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Joplin, Robert Jonhson...

I like stoner and doom too, but it stresses me while brewing, don't know why :(

Mono, Red Sparrowes, Isis, Followed by Ghosts, A Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-lalala Band, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Beware of Safety, Cynic, Dead Letter Opener, Karate.

Mostly Instrumental based metal/post-rock stuff.

Whoa, Pendulum, Opeth, Great Big Sea, Blind Guardian, The Pogues, and Cynic mentioned in the same thread?

I knew there was a reason why I loved this website. :rockin:

I usually go with something really low key. Maybe some Hank Williams, The Shins, Wilco or Johnny Cash.

If I'm brewing in the kitchen I like to throw a movie on the TV instead of listening to music. Usually its some sort of seasonal horror film. (Just brewed a summer wheat while watching The Burning)

Usually Pandora on a Stevie Ray Vaughan channel or a Arctic Monkey's channel. Those two usually give me the variance I like. I do also like silence sometimes as well. I don't think I could watch a movie. I like cleaning everything as I go to cut time post boil.

Last brew day was a lot of Dear Landlord, Banner Pilot, and Me First & the Gimme Gimmes.

Anything punk keeps me on my toes.

SLEEP, BLACK FLAG, DISSECTION, SONIC YOUTH, MELVINS, DARKTHRONE...etc. :mug:

My channel is mostly death metal with a few things people are usually surprised to find out I like.

Yeah... I remember in training for my new job (3 months ago) we had to introduce ourselves to our new hire peers and tell something about ourselves.
I said I was into some of the hardest , heaviest metal people have probably never heard. Needless to say, the class was shocked.

Probably because dressed to impress, and clean cut, no one would have ever guessed. But if they would have seen me bearded up with long hair when working construction.... that is a different story.

It seems we have a good share of metal heads here.
Nice.

Metal it is of all kinds.....Metalcore, Deathmetal, Black metal...oh and punk and hardcore

At the Gates (slaughter of the soul) is in my top 10 metal albums....oh and inflames rocks too

Goes along well with the Metal Kettle Brewery :mug::rockin:

Devil wears prada, August burns red, In Flames, Miss May I and The black dahlia murder.

Dead Kennedies, The used, The unseen.

For brewing: Celtic folk music, Anything with tin whistles/ pipes. Dave Munnley Band, Dubliners, Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphy's. The last 2 are mostly for drinking.

I usually fire up MythTV on my laptop and watch some recordings. If I decide on music though, it's typically Punk Rock, or maybe some 90's rock like Pearl Jam or Live.

I like to catch a ball game on the radio if possible, but shuffle is always a good back up plan.

I try to start the day with the Buffett Buffet on Sirius 31 and then play with the satellite radio all day or keep going on the Buffett theme.

Mono, Red Sparrowes, Isis, Followed by Ghosts, A Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra-lalala Band, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Beware of Safety, Cynic, Dead Letter Opener, Karate.

Mostly Instrumental based metal/post-rock stuff.

Red Sparowes and Isis are great! I also like to throw on some Pelican, OSI, Strapping Young Lad or Baroness. Something to nod my head to while getting my brew on.

A lot of hardcore fans here huh? thats awesome, I had no idea.

Underoath, Silverstein, A Day to Remember, August Burns Red, In Flames, All That Remains, Shadows Fall.

Also listen to a lot of rap.

And John Mayer.

Back