Brewtech 5.5 gal kettle and Brewhardware Heat Stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigChas

Reaction score
Does anyone have this setup or even know if the 1650W heat stick will fit inside this pot. Brewhardware say min pot required is 11.5 width and Brewtech kettle says diameter is 11 inches. On the surface is seems to be obvious that it won't work, but a comment on Brewhardware says it will fit. Just wondering as i am considering on buying both.

Hiya...

I have that kettle, but don’t have the hot rod heat stick (though I was looking into it a few months ago)

At the bottom of the description for the hot rod stick (stand-alone - no element), it states:
“When selecting an element, keep in mind that the Hot Rod's enclosure adds about 2.5 inches of horizontal depth to whatever length the element is”

The 1650mm element is 8.25” long so total will be close to 10.75” - So should squeeze into the 5.5 Gallon kettle as per that review you mentioned - Why don’t you message Bobby (vendor) on this site to get him to confirm?

I have been brewing with this 5.5Gal kettle on a cheap Duxtop induction plate for 12 months.... It works great - But I am about to add an element alongside the induction plate for faster brew days..
I am in Canada, so I ordered a 1650w TC element from Brau Supply and the Brewtech ekettle retrofit kit (Weldless TC fitting, thermowell and holesaws) from OBK.

Also ordered an EZboil and other parts, but that is a different story!!

Good luck!

Attachments

• E93BBA4F-C5D1-4E95-A834-D6268B3D624C.jpeg
    E93BBA4F-C5D1-4E95-A834-D6268B3D624C.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the reply. I have been debating on the hot rod t stick vs the Advantco 1800w induction cooktop. I will give Bobby a message as soon as this virus crap settles down.

Latest posts

Back