Brewpubs in Baltimore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeverTime

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Baltimore all next week for work. Can anyone point me towards any brewpubs that I must visit while I am there? I'm not going to have a car with me, so I probably can't easily get to destinations in the suburbs.

Brewer's Art ( N Charles st) Must go to
Pratt Street Ale House ( Inner Harbor Area)
Ale Wife ( Nices selection of taps)
Max's ( Huge selection of draft and bottles)

Another vote for Brewer's Art. They specialize in Belgians. Though you're really going to want to get dinner there, too... amazing.

I've brewed a half dozen batches so far, so I don't think I'm qualified to judge. Anyway, I already have a ticket to go down on Monday.

Thanks for the suggestions!

+1 for Pratt Street Ale House - very good selection of UK style beers on tap. The food is pretty decent as well.

True or false? Brewers Art is just a few blocks east of the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.

I'm riding into Baltimore tonight for the Louis C.K. show at the Meyerhoff and I'm looking for a good place for pre-show dinner and beers.

I used to be stationed at Fort Meade and enjoyed going to DuClaw's @ Arundel Mills Mall. If you happen to be/go half an hour south of B'more, I would recommend it for some good eats, beer sampler platter, etc. Never saw a sad face in that joint.

Also, slightly off subject, there is a killer piano bar in downtown Baltimore. I don't even like piano bars, but that place was always packed with a ton of people having fun. Forget the name.

http://www.duclaw.com/ Misfit Red was my standby.

True! On foot head towards Charles street and take a right(Charles street is one way the other direction) Brewers Art will be on the right side of the street. If you pass Chase street you've gone too far. There are two bars. I prefer the one downstairs in the basement. It has an atmosphere that I can't describe but its dark and I like it.
If your in the car and leaving from garage at Myerhoff, take a left on Maryland ave and another Left on chase street. Left on Charles and Brewers Art is about a quarter block down on your left.

Well I stopped by Brewers Art after the Louis CK show and it was so busy both upstairs and downstairs that I was annoyed within seconds of being in there. Never got to taste a single beer.

The building was nice though.

Well I stopped by Brewers Art after the Louis CK show and it was so busy both upstairs and downstairs that I was annoyed within seconds of being in there. Never got to taste a single beer.

The building was nice though.
The place is busy but well worth it unless you had some time constraints you should have toughed it out.

Back