Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - maybe giving Ed the benefit of the doubt here that he's keeping the site up just for that reason. Outside of adding brew builder recipes to your cart it doesn't appear you can actually order anything from them anymore.

I just placed an order last Sat.. Guess I'll be cancelling it later on today. Fark, Ed at least shut down the website.

Update. Just cancelled my order. Let's see how long it takes them to credit my account. Too bad, I'll miss the working part...

Petey - I'd go ahead and dispute the charge. I emailed them twice (before this all went down) asking to cancel my last order and never got a response and the order is still showing 'Pending' even today. I called my bank and they gave me a provisional credit immediately and I suspect that it'll be made permanent without question since nobody seems to be able to get through to the owners.

I highly recommend them

I purchased often from BMW in the past, and was pleased with the speed and price from them back then, and am saddened to see it end. I wish the employees (and Ed) well in the future.

I used BMW, as recently as Jan 2014, they were good to me, I did enjoy the builder, and at Yooper's recommendation I have used RiteBrew and they are great (I try to do everything Yooper tells me to). It is sad to see BMW go.

At this point I would call your credit card company instead. It doesn't seem like Ed is interested in making good with his customers.
Called the bank (it's a debit card) and I'll hafta pay them a personal visit tomorrow. I could've filled out a form on line, but I'd still have to drop it off at my local branch. Pretty convenient, huh? I called BMW last night. The answering message doesn't even hint about the physical store being closed for good...

Called the bank (it's a debit card) and I'll hafta pay them a personal visit tomorrow. I could've filled out a form on line, but I'd still have to drop it off at my local branch. Pretty convenient, huh? I called BMW last night. The answering message doesn't even hint about the physical store being closed for good...

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Ed had like a week already to close down the website or at least have the courtesy to not receive payment anymore, by closing the shopping cart. He's losing points big time each and every day he keeps his virtual shop open.

Wishing you well, I hope you don't end up paying for cancelling that transaction. Banks can be breedy gastards.

Hey guys,

I am Thomas Monti I own Schoolhouse Beer and Brewing in Marietta GA. I know you are all disappointed in Brewmasters closing down. However, I am extending an offer to all the local Brewers that have not had there orders fullfilled by BMW. Bring in your unfullfilled recipts and we will fill them for a 30% discount off our prices. We curently do not ship or have an online ordering service but you can email me, call, or text me your orders. Our hours are Tues-Sat 11-9 and Sun 1-6. I also will give a 10% discount to anyone that mentions this post. Cheers!

Thomas

www.schoolhousebeer.com
770-361-5246
[email protected]

Oh crap, I just placed an order with them off their website 10 minutes ago. Even got the followup email thanking me for my order. WTF? Obviously I wish I came here before I placed it. Damn

Edit: It must be illegal to accept orders and charge credit cards with no intent on fullfilling that order isn't it?

Oh crap, I just placed an order with them off their website 10 minutes ago. Even got the followup email thanking me for my order. WTF? Obviously I wish I came here before I placed it. Damn
Really? Last week the shopping cart stopped working. I just checked it and I still can't add items.

You certainly CAN still put in an order, but only if you use the Brew Builder function for an existing recipe... I would guess that's an oversight, but it's still pretty bad. For those of you in the Marietta/Woodstock area - give Thomas @ Schoolhouse or Zach @ Barrel & Barley a shout.

You certainly CAN still put in an order, but only if you use the Brew Builder function for an existing recipe... I would guess that's an oversight, but it's still pretty bad. For those of you in the Marietta/Woodstock area - give Thomas @ Schoolhouse or Zach @ Barrel & Barley a shout.

Yep, you sure can. I got all the way to entering credit card info.

It was my go to place. I hope everyone who had orders pending got their merchandise or their money back.

I hope you printed down your recipes. Visited the site this morning and was greeted with:

Store Closed

Thank you for your patronage!

Now it's officially official...

I'm learning that there are a few disadvantages to having a business bank card. In order for me to dispute this order I have to provide; how I attempted to resolve the issue, the date/s of those attempts, the merchant's response/s, etc., etc.. All for $55.26. Plus as an added bonus, if my card is stolen or the number compromised, I may be responsible for more than the $50 that consumer credit/debit cards are. Hmmm

I've been emailing them for 4 weeks to cancel and refund my order. I still haven't heard a thing from them. Guess I'm calling my bank now. I think I'll just stick to Austin and Norther from now on.

There is another store in Stockbridge called Barley and Vine. I recently ordered from them. Service was great and I got my supplies in just a couple days. They even called me to make sure an item I had on my order was really what I wanted(it wasn't).

Just Brew It on the southside of ATL is my go to LHBS. On the rare occasion that they don't have what I need it's usually back in stock in a few days.
If I'm in urgent need I go to Hop City or Wine Workshop especially for yeast or other temp sensitive items.

Now that BMW has made the decision to shut their doors, I do not feel bad about giving a shout out. I have started ordering from Rebel Brewer, granted they do not offer flat rate shipping, but if I order today I will have it tomorrow.

Now that BMW has made the decision to shut their doors, I do not feel bad about giving a shout out. I have started ordering from Rebel Brewer, granted they do not offer flat rate shipping, but if I order today I will have it tomorrow.

Rebel is one of my Locals. Those guys are great. If you haven't checked them out, you should

My go to and favorite LHBS is Beer and Wine Craft up in Sandy Springs just north of 285. Been going there since I started brewing. The owner's a real nice guy, we split some beers every now and then when I go in. The only drawback is liquid yeast selection. He does White Labs only and it can sometimes be a limited selection. But he'll order whatever you need.

Sometimes I'll stop by Hop City for odds and ends because it's more on my way home from work.

The yeast was the main reason I used to occasionally go to BMW, but the last few times I went the yeast fridge was pretty bare bones. And they were always out of at least one very common ingredient that I needed. Now I know why.

Several of the more common wine yeasts are available on Amazon at prices between $.50 and $1.00 a package in lots of 10 with FREE shipping.

What the hell happened?!? Yeah, they were my go to for years. Loved the brew builder. Too bad....

I have a question. How many of you miss the Brew Builder? If another online retailer had that capability and had your products in stock would you consider working with them?

I know I lost about 15 recipes from them. I think there is a way to get your recipes back.

Cheers.

I have a question. How many of you miss the Brew Builder? If another online retailer had that capability and had your products in stock would you consider working with them?

I know I lost about 15 recipes from them. I think there is a way to get your recipes back.

Cheers.

Cheers.

I printed down all my recipes before it was shut down. But I do still miss the brew builder. It is so frustrating to go on other websites to make an order. Not to mention you get no feedback on the OG/FG, efficiency numbers from what you entered...

I printed down all my recipes before it was shut down. But I do still miss the brew builder. It is so frustrating to go on other websites to make an order. Not to mention you get no feedback on the OG/FG, efficiency numbers from what you entered...

Same here. I also took screen shots of the recipe in BrewBuilder and yes, I would use it again if another company had it.

All my recipes are saved on my hard drive and in BeerTools Pro. It was easy however to just click on the recipe or grainbill I wanted and add it to my cart.

Yeah I have all my recipes on Brewer's Friend. But it did make it really easy to put it together and order on their website. Plus I could always get a 10% discount with the "BN Army" discount code. And I was close by so I would just go and pick it up without paying shipping.

I would love it if another local retailer started using the same type of Brew Builder format.

That's what I wish Beersmith could do so bad.

I put together a recipe, set all of my parameters and just wish I could hit buy ingredients and have them show up at my house.

Rite brew has a quick grain selector that I use, but the Brew Builder's interface was what set it apart.

I loved it as well. It takes a lot longer to keep entering in recipe ingredients for every order.

Back