Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see honey anywhere in the ingredient list. I only see Honey Malt in the Grains section. I'd think there would be an option under the Extracts or Other tab. Can you help me out?

Thanks

Sippin37 said:
I don't see honey anywhere in the ingredient list. I only see Honey Malt in the Grains section. I'd think there would be an option under the Extracts or Other tab. Can you help me out?

Thanks

There's just got to be. I just ordered a honeyweizen kit from them among other things, and it included a 3 lb jar of orange blossom honey. Try the search, it works really well.

I also picked up a AG kolsch recipe for less than 18 dollars that included liquid yeast. I defy any other brew store online or otherwise to provide prices like this. I almost felt bad using the promo code.

EDIT: strange, I can't find it through the search either. But when I go to my order the link appears Orange Blossom Honey 3 lb for 15.99. Maybe this is something Ed could have his web guy work on.

Ed, I sent you a note yesterday about a cancelled order because I needed the stuff by Sunday (local delivery - shipped Friday would have delivered to me Saturday) and I had ordered on Wednesday around 2pm which I thought was well enough in advance to ship out on Friday. I think most of us understand lag time due to any number of factors, but ultimately it might be useful to have some sort of "expected to ship" estimation somewhere on the website. It could be something as simple as a manually updated "best guess" estimate that you or one of the other guys edit one or more times per day. Something to consider.

My biggest complaint is that my CC was charged almost immediately and my goods had not shipped by Saturday morning. Most online vendors charge when the product ships, and as it stands, I still don't have my money for an order that I placed nearly a week ago and subsequently cancelled. Something to also consider.

Edit: To be fair, my refund did come across late yesterday, which is ultimately great turnaround and bad timing on my part for doing it on a Saturday!

Please guys do not use google to uncover those "ghost" products. If they are hidden it is because they are currently out of stock or discontinued. I leave them ghosted in case we bring them back at some point, or get more in stock. If you can not find the product using our search bar on the website it is probably ghosted for those reasons.

Thanks,

Ed

I have to give them rave reviews. I went there today and the staff was effin amazing. I brought my kids one of which is in a wheel chair currently and they were so cool to my girls. They sold me there last 3 oz of centennial and even gave me 10% off for no reason these guys are a real class act. I will buy from them as much as possible after today

JoeyChopps said:
I have to give them rave reviews. I went there today and the staff was effin amazing. I brought my kids one of which is in a wheel chair currently and they were so cool to my girls. They sold me there last 3 oz of centennial and even gave me 10% off for no reason these guys are a real class act. I will buy from them as much as possible after today

I'm glad to hear their LHBS is as awesome as the online supply!

The brewbuilder is awesome. Makes ordering grain so easy! That in addition to the discounts makes it the cheapest and best online brew store. Viva la BWH!

Ed, speaking of "ghost" products, I think I may have ordered one last night. The 7 lb Hopper Barley Crusher is not listed in Mills, but it is listed under "Popular Equipment". Do you have any of them? I ordered my grain uncrushed because I expected that I'd be getting the mill, but I realize now that may not be the case. (Order ID is 5839C2A1)

Ed, speaking of "ghost" products, I think I may have ordered one last night. The 7 lb Hopper Barley Crusher is not listed in Mills, but it is listed under "Popular Equipment". Do you have any of them? I ordered my grain uncrushed because I expected that I'd be getting the mill, but I realize now that may not be the case. (Order ID is 5839C2A1)

I recommend you call the store, it looks you did order something that is not on the site any longer.

Ed, I ordered the wrong stirbar(forgot I needed a barbell) and wanted to exchange it for the other one, but when I email CS they want me to return the one I have and then go through and reorder the one I want through the site. The problem is that the stirbar costs $10 and they say the only shipping option is the $7 flat rate. Returning the original $7 stirbar is basically not even paying for shipping there and back. Is there any way around this or do I just keep the wrong one I ordered and order another stirbar somewhere else?

absoluthamm said:
Ed, I ordered the wrong stirbar(forgot I needed a barbell) and wanted to exchange it for the other one, but when I email CS they want me to return the one I have and then go through and reorder the one I want through the site. The problem is that the stirbar costs $10 and they say the only shipping option is the $7 flat rate. Returning the original $7 stirbar is basically not even paying for shipping there and back. Is there any way around this or do I just keep the wrong one I ordered and order another stirbar somewhere else?

Why don't you just accept what you ordered? I have a 2 inch stirbar I can't do a damn thing with. If Ed sends you a gratis stir bar he's one hell of a guy.

mikeysab said:
I like the threat to "order from somewhere else" if Ed doesn't eat some kind of cost here.

Isn't that lovely? I caught that too. And especially bull-horning the situation on the internet is going to make it much more likely.

Hey Ed, I screwed up and ordered the wrong grains! Can you replace them and pay for my return shipping?
Ed - sure buddy! That's what I'm here for.

I really fail to see how this is Ed's problem. You ordered the wrong one. CS said OK, return it and order the right one. That is more than fair. If you don't want to pay shipping it back, then keep it and order the right one.. while you're at it order a 50lb bag of grains and the $7 flat rate will be more than worth it. If you chose to return it... put it in an envelope and slap a stamp on it...

And knowing Ed, he'll eat the shipping, or work something out to make the guy happy. I guess its not worth losing a customer for the cost of a stir bar. I could see if BMW screwed up, but ya admittted you ordered the wrong one.

That's not an option! Ship it fedex for $7. Don't agree with the tone and this is not Ed's fault but that's what I get out of it.

I never said it was Ed's fault... far from it. In reality Ed doesn't have to take it back at all. Ed didn't screw up at all. The wrong item was ordered. As far as putting it in an envelope.. if he's returning it how it gets there is his choice. Ed will use a flat rate shipping box for sending the right one out..

Overnight air that sucker, this is urgent!

Actually you should just ask if he'll start overnighting you starters :drunk:

Mysticmead said:
I never said it was Ed's fault... far from it. In reality Ed doesn't have to take it back at all. Ed didn't screw up at all. The wrong item was ordered. As far as putting it in an envelope.. if he's returning it how it gets there is his choice. Ed will use a flat rate shipping box for sending the right one out..

We're on the same page. No option but $7 shipping for a single stir bar was the gripe I read. I agree as a consumer but can understand the other side too.

Whoa, this blew out of control and was really taken out of context. I wasn't saying that Ed or BMW had screwed anything up at all, I was purely just wondering if there would be any other option that he could help me out with other than paying $7 to send something so small. I never asked for them to cover the shipping costs of a replacement, but just if there was an option for lower shipping for such a small item.

Also, the last part about getting one somewhere else wasn't any kind of a threat(how can you threaten with something that's only like $10?), but more of saying that in this case if there is no way around it, I would try to get it somewhere else to save the hassle for something this small.

Sorry if anyone thought I was trying to be a dick about it, I truly wasn't. I have used BMW for my last couple brews and have had no complaints. Once again, just looking for a solution to the shipping for a tiny item.

Rebelbrewer is the only place that I know of that would charge for the weight of the item... otherwise the shipping is still about $7.00. I still wouldn't order from anyone else, and would just have an excuse to order more brewing ingredients, come on, you know you are going to brew again.

btw... I agree with the previous poster that is is bull$#!t to air out this minor of a problem over this thread. You could have easily pm'd ed and asked the same question, and he might have even been more on your side when there isn't 50 people watching the transaction.

Maybe Ed will read this, feel bad that my wife is a pain in the a$$ and send me a reconditioned keg and a RIS kit.

Hold up a minute guys. If you ever have any issues with anything we want to know about it. Please inform us so we can fix things. No biting tongues use your tongue to let us know about it. We will continue to get better only if we know we are making mistakes.

With that being said it is very difficult to followup on issues posted in the forums. Please send me an email or a PM and I will always take care of you. Be sure to include your order ID and particulars so that I can get things rolling.

EDIT: If you know my name (Ed) and you know our web address (brewmasterswarehouse.com) then you know my email @ddress. :)

Why didn't you just ask customer service about it? They are all very reasonable and quick to respond.

Here's another happy customer of BMW! I placed an order and forgot some salts for water adjustment. A quick email got them included before the order shipped. When it arrived missing two packs of Nottingham, Ed immediately sent them out via USPS, because I wasn't planning to start brewing for a while. Unfortunately, USPS has decided to start being super slow in their delivery (I received products from other online sources that were delayed as well, so the yeast hadn't shown up in more than a week. Ed immediately sent me more via FedEx, and when they both arrived, he told me to just keep the extra, even after I offered to pay for it (since some extra notty is never a bad thing to have on hand, especially at the BMW price!).

Keep up the good work!

Im a fan as well. Last two AG brews were ordered through them. Great prices, fast, good fresh grain. Beers turned out great. Love being able to create recipies on the site, name them then order them again an again.

Back