Brewing outside and finding more ant piles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrcmb

Novice Brewer.....Thanks to Covid
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed when you start brewing inside you get more ant piles in your yard? Maybe it's just a coincidence. But every time I mow the lawn i'm finding new ant piles and it has just been since i started to brew more often.

Nope, can't say I've picked up on that. I have a ton of freaking ant holes in my yard as it is though. Had some pretty big mounds that were about 3-4 feet in diameter too!

The ants were here long before we moved in. Well established and a pia... I have lots of ant piles. We don't treat the yeard due to our "wildlife home sanctuary" title we earned a year ago. Ive yet to take the ants on but the cleaner you keep your kitchen and pantry the better off you are.

Amdro, bro. Sprinkle and forget em.

Not sure if your mounds/brew correlation is a case of mistaken causality or synchronicity. Stranger things have happened.
One thing I have noticed is that the wife is usually bitchier on brew days. Maybe she's pissed about the ant mounds... hmmm

Latest posts

Back