brewing in illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosepit

Reaction score
anyone brewing near ottawa il. its getting old brewing by myself, and then my friends drinking the beer"not caring how its made" brewing 20 gal of pale ale tomorrow and thought if someone was in the area they could stop by and see how its done. If not, I'm brewing agian in 2 weeks. I would like to teach new brewers, so dont be intimidated by the all grain, we could get some extract and brew that way. the last pint I pulled,i emptyed a keg, isnt it cool when you get to put a new beer on tap?
Scott

The idea of brewing 20 or 30 or 40 gallons at a time like some folks do amazes me. I have a hard enough time doing 5. I definitely need a better setup than my makeshift AG arrangements, I think. Ten gallons would really stretch my 48 quart ice chest mash tun setup to the max, and I doubt I could boil it without boilovers in my Lowenbrau keggle (13.2 gallons, a bit smaller than an American style keg).

I'd love to help with a 20 gallon brew. I'm sure I'd learn a lot. But I'm a loooonog way from Illinois, unfortunately.

It's too bad you can't get any of your friends interested in learning how to brew the beer. Maybe tell them they each have to serve as acolyte and lackey on at least one brew day in order to earn quaffing rights! Heck, just tell 'em you could use some help to produce that great beer of yours they like to drink.

I'm in Plainfield. There are a couple of us here. We've been meaning to get together, but just haven't done it yet

I live in Washington, Il. It is south of Ottawa on 39/51. I live about an hour or an hour and a half from you.

I have a similar problem - no one likes to hang with me on brewday, but I don't mind, really.

Back