brewhouse walls/ceiling materials?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

i'm in the process of building a brewing shed which will house both the brewing equipment and fermentation equipment. I need some help figuring out the best materials to use on the walls/ceiling.

I had attempted to use the FRP paneling from home depot, it's .090" thin, and super flimsy. had a bear of a time getting it up and lined up, and it'd go in one channel and fall out the other. Only need to install about 6 panels but needless to say that stuff is getting returned, just too difficult to work with.

I'm looking at using tileboard on the walls with a 1x6 baseboard that is sealed with deck restore paint as the floor. And now I'm considering the similar hardboard for the ceiling - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-Thrifty-White-32-sq-ft-Hardboard-Panel-Board-709106/202090193

What else have people used?

Cheers,
-Matt

My friend and I built a small laboratory for his commercial brewery using FRP panels.
The trick is to use good adhesive, snap carefully measured & parallel lines, stick the channels up & let the adhesive dry.
Then pop the panels in.

what did you guys use for backerboard? anyone else use something other than FRP? I really don't think it's going to work in my situation. Was hoping to avoid using a backerboard, the ceiling isn't 100% square so there will be a 1/2" gap over 16ft. rather than fight with the channeling and what not, I'm thinking of just using some white paneling...and hoping for the best...

did you use the special FRP adhesive, or did you use construction adhesive? i already have a bunch of tubes of construction adhesive, so was hoping to use that.

Back