Brewery Logo (Rough "draft")

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
My art skills are lacking, and I only have MS paint 03 to work with... but I think I convey the basic idea I am going for.

2748117483_ee36a81a8e_o.jpg

I am a Hilgert, and wanted to honor the German/family ancestry, but not be tied to just "German"esque labels, etc. later. "Hilgert Bros." was my great grandfather and his brothers in their farming collective, and has been kind of handed down since.

I wanted to also tie into my city's aura and identity... which is the 19th century downtown which is highlighted by their one of a kind streetlights (and I live right in town too).

So, just something to do while I am waiting on supplies. Hopefully at some point someone with some amazing graphic design skills (like whomever did the "Deep Six' logo) can take this idea and really make it shine.

Cool idea. I like it because it is very simple. Most people get way to detailed with complicated photos and the like for their logos. In my opinion if you can't doodle a half way decent example of it free hand, its too complicated. I like your color scheme alot too. The only thing I might change, which would be a pain in the ass with MSPaint, would be to have "Hilgert Bros. Brewing" all on the same line and arched to follow the top of you oval. Then you could move the image of the town up and make it a little larger eliminating some dead space.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I also agree with you on the curved text, but just doing the best I can for now. Would really like to do that in the future though.

Curious, whats happening on the third bulb (assuming its a lamp post). If you changed the black to red or green or a combination of the two, it might be cheaper to produce. Or if you're making it yourself I think it would look good with some black on the oval.

Back