Brewers best kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanCom83

Reaction score
Been homebrewing for several years now with brewhouse kits, and decided to try for the first time Brewers Best partial mash kit. So i've tried there Witbier kit. Everything when well, until at the end when I added water to reach the 5 gallons mark. Well my bucket had a mark for 5 imperial gallon, not US gallon, so i've actualy put 23 liters instead of 19 liters witch was needed. Will my beer still be good, or is there something I can do to salvage it?

Thanks!

It might be a little weak but okay. Fiddling around with adding more extract at this point might be more trouble than it's worth.

I actually already pitch de yeast too... I was thinking adding a bit more sugar?

You'll mainly just be a lower ABV. I wouldn't futz with it either. Just let it be what it wants to become at this point.

If you know what it was supposed to taste like originally, then it probably won't be quite the same balance of maltiness and hops, but otherwise it'll probably be a decent beer if you did everything else correctly.

Thanks for the info, it's actually the first time tasting that beer so, I will let it be and see how it turns out!

Back