Brewers Best American Wheat IPA dry hopping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

refect

Reaction score
Brewed up the brewers best american wheat ipa kit yesterday. I tasted a sample from my OG reading and it tasted really refreshing with low bitterness and touch of hop flavor. I am really liking how this beer turned out so far! I am thinking about going out and picking up some hop pellets to dry hop in my keg with this one. I'd like to get a good refreshing hop flavor/aroma and just bump it up a little form where it's already at. Any suggestions on what hops to use and how much in the keg? Thanks in advance! The recipe is posted below if that may help determin which hops would be best to dry hop with...

Mini Mash
1# Pale Malt
1# Flaked Wheat

3.3# Wheat LME (60 mins)
1 oz. Cluster Hops (60 mins)
3.3# Wheat LME (15 mins)
1 oz. Liberty Hops (5 mins)

Yeast used is Danstar BRY-97 American West Coast Yeast (Dry yeast) Currently fermenting at 66 F.

Interesting, I've never used Liberty, if you like that flavor/aroma, you could dry hop with some of those. Typical American hops would be good for this beer, too, I think - Cascade or Centennial, for example, would give a nice citrus aroma.

Interesting, I've never used Liberty, if you like that flavor/aroma, you could dry hop with some of those. Typical American hops would be good for this beer, too, I think - Cascade or Centennial, for example, would give a nice citrus aroma.

Yeah I have never used liberty before either, but those are the hops that came with the recipe kit. I love the flavor that cascade gives, and think they would compliment a wheat style quite well with the citrusy flavor they give. Just wasnt sure how they would do with the hops that are already in this beer though.

I am curious how this turns out. I am thinking about making something in this style. ��

so far it tasted really refreshing, and I can tell this is going to be a good beer! especially for the bbq that i am planning! The beer was very well balanced, with low bitterness and a noticable hope flavor, but not what I expected from being an IPA. This was just from my OG reading too, so I am sure it will really open up once it ferments. I love dry hoppng in the keg a with all my IPA's and pale ales that I have made in the past, and wanted to try it with this wheat IPA. Just not sure what would be best with the hops that were used in the boil, and also since it is not a regular IPA. Anyone else have any suggestions? I am thinking about doing .5 oz of cascade in the keg. just to give it a bit more nose nad maybe some citrus flavors that you find in most wheat beers.

Back