Brew table recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sictransit701

Reaction score
I’m going to get a stainless steel table. I have a two kettle rims system. I’m wonder if the 24”wide by 36” long will be ok. My kettles fit in those specs with about an inch on each long side. Or should I get the 48” length. Trying to save space in the garage.

I know you said SS, but I have one of these and really like it:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-5...with-2-Drawers-in-White-HOLT5202BJ2/311742117
I love having the drawers and the adjustable height. I actually have two, one longer than the other. I store them nested and roll one to the side as a table for weighing grains, brewing salts, taking notes etc.

Plus, I can have it up high for my current partly gravity fed K-RIMS rig (room to drain MLT to kettle), but I can go lower (easier to stir, etc.) when the riptides come back in stock and I can go with side by side 2 pump configuration.

I have a small SS 24" x 24" table with casters from webstaurantatore.com
With the casters it was $75 or so I think shipped.
No complaints.

Size-wise, I guess that depends if you think you may want or need a little room around those kettles. I'm building out an electric brewery now and ordered this from webstaurant. No matter the size, be sure you shoot for the 14 gauge steel, you'll be glad you did.

The 30 x 48 would probably leave you roughly 4" on each side of your kettle and the same between the two. I think I would be inclined to shoot for the extra 4".....ymmv. Good luck!

7E066820-7305-456F-B359-74DE5587DC4D_1_105_c.jpeg

One other thing to consider with respect to size, is where your controller lives. Is it wall mounted? I have an auber cube, so I need real estate for that. It is nice to have a little room to set down a mash paddle, lids, etc.

I'm currently running a 15G Champman thermobarrel and a 10G Spike Kettle.

had my mash tun on shelf under my table but is a pain to lift out.
Gonna build a small stand out of black iron that elevates the boil kettle above the burner all the way to the back left corner of the table and will set the mash tun on a silicone pad on the fwd right corner.
my PID will go in a project box in the fwd left corner (maybe behind a heat shield??)
I measured it and know it fits...but I did my first few brews with "bricks" to hold the pots...not ideal.

Back